Safe to bring Pro Video Cam??

jordieshapiro

Dec 25, 2007
Hi,
I'm about to leave for Las Terrenas, and Galeras and was wondering if it's safe to bring a very expensive looking pro video camera. I'm mostly concerned about it's safety being left alone in my quarters in the "bare bones" places I'm staying at. Do these beach side hotels every get broken into, or raided by crooked staff members?? I'm staying at Hotel Acaya in LT and El Marinique in LG.

And, if I do decide to bring it, and you guys advice me not to take it into town, I will listen.

If anyone has some thoughts...

thanks!

jordieshapiro

Dec 25, 2007
Just wanted to add, Hotel Marinique and Acaya seem to be run by very nice sensible people and I have no reason to think they might employ anyone suspect

benetlyne

Feb 2, 2003
cam safety

Hi

When you go around the world it's never safe to flash that you have money (jewel, cash, expensive toy) if they have safety deposit box in hotel room put it in there when your not using. When you go vacationing abroad you have a big $ stamped on the forehead so just dont tease them.

Ben

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
You seem to be very concerned for the safety of this item. If you in fact are it would be safer to leave it at home so you can enjoy your vacation without worrying about it.

benetlyne

Feb 2, 2003
Pro Cam

Good day Mr. Shapiro

Unless you need your cam for your work, i would buy the cheap version camcorder for my souvenir.

looking at your site you may need a Samanavention lollllllllll

Ben