Need advice for relocation to Santo Domingo

JodiC

Dec 29, 2007
My husband is moving to Santo Domingo for work, while our son and I remain in the US and travel down monthly to visit. We are considering renting an apartment - preferrably a 2 bedroom/ 1 or 2 bathroom for him to live in. Are there specific areas of Santo Domingo that would be better to look in? Are there "apartment complexes" there - or are rentals more on an individual basis? I have searched the internet but am not that computer savy, so I would welcome any advice!:glasses:

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
It all depends, if you want apartment in the center, you will probably find something in one of the many towers in Naco, Piantini, Evaristo Morales, Bella Vista etc. All of them usually are quite safe.
Have a look at this site:

Aquitucasa.com.do

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
My husband is moving to Santo Domingo for work, while our son and I remain in the US and travel down monthly to visit. We are considering renting an apartment - preferrably a 2 bedroom/ 1 or 2 bathroom for him to live in. Are there specific areas of Santo Domingo that would be better to look in? Are there "apartment complexes" there - or are rentals more on an individual basis? I have searched the internet but am not that computer savy, so I would welcome any advice!:glasses:
Santo Domingo : Dominican Republic Rentals : Apartment For Rent

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Perhaps your husband's employer could help with the search. It sounds like your husband will be spending much more time there than you and your son so the first priority should be that it is in a good location in relation to his work.

Where would he be staying if you don't rent an apartment? Perhaps he could stay there for a month or two when first relocating and spend part of this time driving around the nicer neighborhoods of the city looking at the for rent signs and also networking with coworkers about apartments that they know are for rent. I think you would be much more likely to lease a suitable location this way than just by looking at apartments over the internet.

Don't forget to speak to people in the buildings you are evaluating and ask about power/water/noise problems that they have noticed. Try to speak to the people that are renting, not those that own apartments in the building. Renters are likely to be more honest about problems.

We lived for many years in the condominios Anacaona and they were great but a lot depends on your husband's job.

Good luck in your search.