Spanish to French translators?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm trying to help a fellow DR1'er with having their new home built, unfortunately, we are having a problem communicating. They are French and we have been communicating by email in English and I can understand what they want, however, I get the feeling that much of my advice and direction is not being understood. Therefore, I was thinking of writing in Spanish and then translating it into French. Being both Latin languages and the fact that I studied French for some 5 odd years many moons ago this should be better hopefully. That being said can anybody recommend a good translator?

Thanks

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Where are you located?

In Santiago and the person is on the North coast. They told me they don't feel confident enough to talk in English, but only by email. Do you think an online translator done from Spanish to French and then with a short review by my somewhat old French skills should do it? Maybe I should try it here, a little later perhaps and I'll post something.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I use this freeware sometimes, but you kinda need to know a little of what you are doing.

Free Translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL International

Don SantiagoDR
6qaqsjt.gif

My Reputation Status

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I speak fluent french and spanish - let me know if I can help. Feel free to send me email and I'll translate it into french for you

Matilda

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Chip,
Matilda's offer is generous & sounds great...

If you need ongoing translation, PM me. I have a good friend/business partner (Dominican) that is truly fluent in English/Spanish/French & spends time in both Santiago & the Cabarete/Sosua area. (translation services are one of his sidelines). He studied at La Sorbonne in Paris.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I speak fluent french and spanish - let me know if I can help. Feel free to send me email and I'll translate it into french for you

Matilda

Thanks a million! I'll send you something in the next day or two. I promise it will be breif.