220 Appliance and Electronics -

Rachel B

Dec 30, 2007
We have a big screen, surround sound stereo system and other items that run off 220. We though we had to buy replacement 110: however, I am now told that you can buy a house that already has some 220 plugs in the walls OR you can have some put in (like in the States for the Washer/dryer). I know about transformers: cannot work on digital things like the TV and Amplifier. Small electronics OK, no heat generating.

Any expertise out there on this one? We really don't want to have to sell these, they are less than a year old!

Thanks Group.

Rey

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
We have a big screen, surround sound stereo system and other items that run off 220. We though we had to buy replacement 110: however, I am now told that you can buy a house that already has some 220 plugs in the walls OR you can have some put in (like in the States for the Washer/dryer). I know about transformers: cannot work on digital things like the TV and Amplifier. Small electronics OK, no heat generating.

Any expertise out there on this one? We really don't want to have to sell these, they are less than a year old!

Thanks Group.

Rey
Transformers CAN supply TVs and amplifiers.
You simply need the appropriate unit.
If someone told you that they can't function, they are mistaken.

Rachel B

Dec 30, 2007
220 TVs in DR

Rocky - what about the cycles? This is 50 - the DR uses 60, I assume. And the broadcasting signal in the DR is NTSC? I think we may have an option there...this is a Hitachi HD plasma.

Thanks for your help.

Rey

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky - what about the cycles? This is 50 - the DR uses 60, I assume. And the broadcasting signal in the DR is NTSC? I think we may have an option there...this is a Hitachi HD plasma.

Thanks for your help.

Rey
Didn't know it was it was 50 hz.
You'll have to forget it then.
And yes, it is NTSC here.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Hz and NTSC/PAL

...what about the cycles? This is 50 - the DR uses 60, I assume.
Correct.
And transformers will not change the frequency (Hz), only the voltage.
There are frequency converters which also transform the voltage; they are expensive (500 W model = approx. 1,700 US$).

And the broadcasting signal in the DR is NTSC?
Correct.
Some multi-system TV-sets can use both signals though.

Janin

Last edited: