DR1's Little "Hidden" Treasure: The DR1 Shop!!!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
This is a conversation I had with my daughter, a DR1's Daily News reader for years, about 30 minutes ago.....And how she found out DR1 has a "Shop" section!.

Daughter: "Daddy, my friend is vacationing in the DR and asked me if I wanted something from over there...One thing that I haven't been able to erase from my mind is that when grandma used to take me over there, that everywhere we went, people offered her coffee.....And you know who much granny used to love her coffee....She had me taste it a few times but the smell, ummmmm....Just not the same as the coffee from here!".

Me: "Well, next time, try going to DR1 and click on DR1 Shop....Maybe they sell it and you can buy it there".

Daughter: "What are you talking about, old fart, DR1 has a shop, where?.

Me: "Yes they do, on their home page, on the left side".

Daughter: "Are you kidding me, all these years reading the Daily News and I didn't notice it".

Me: "Well, it's there....I bought a few things from there".

Daughter: "Good to know... I'll check it out after I finish shopping". (Then she "hit" me for 100 bucks!!, wahahaha).

Bottom line:

There are a BUNCH of people who do NOT know DR1 has a shop!.

Think about it....How many times have we heard this line?:

"Where's the Media Gallery?"......"How can I get to the Media Gallery".

I do NOT know about you but I have, MAAAAAAAAANY times.....AND to be honest, I didn't even find out there was a "Media Gallery" for a little while......A DR1 shop?, forget about it...I think I found out after a year (if not longer)....MOST of the times it happens because after subscribing, MOST people just want to click on the first thing they see, "Message Boards"...I did.

Why Robert does NOT have a special forum (among ALLLLLL forums) for the DR1 shop is beyond me....Of even at the top of the "forum's page".....Perhaps he has his reasons.

ALLLLL I know is that SOME people are NOT aware of it.

Now, from my end, and since I was stupid enough to go against one of my "rules": "Let them borrow your wife BUUUUT not your CD's, DVD's or cars", I think I will need a new "El Poder Del Jefe" DVD package!!.

ANNNND by the way......I checked and YES, they sell coffee and TONS of other goodies I didn't know I could buy from them!!!!.

(Btw: this is a "did you know?" thread....NOT a "comments" thread....So if you have nothing nice to say about it, NOW it's the time to listen to your mother when she told you: "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at ALLLLL"....Or "en boca cerra' no entra moca"...Wahahaha!..

Last edited:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Wow, thanks for bringing this topic up Miguel !

I had completely forgot about the store as well, and I have been here for a few years!! It would be beneficial for all the newbies (and some of us old timers with alzheimers too;)) to make the store more visible.

Thanks for reminding us - great job!

I'd give you some reputation - but I am hoarding mine LOL :cheeky:

Marlie

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Para que aprendan!!!!.

Wow, thanks for bringing this topic up Miguel !

I had completely forgot about the store as well, and I have been here for a few years!! It would be beneficial for all the newbies (and some of us old timers with alzheimers too;)) to make the store more visible.

Thanks for reminding us - great job!

I'd give you some reputation - but I am hoarding mine LOL :cheeky:

Marlie
See darling, one reason I like you is because you CAN see through me and know EXACTLY what I was trying to say/do!!.....I guess I still know how to pick them!!. Wahahahaha!.

If we old-timers forget, imagine newbies who don't even know it exists.

Welllll, I rather you keep your points to yourself.....Just think of me at 12am when I am freezing my butt off at the pool!!.

Gotta go to my buddy's....Be safe and behave.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
This is a conversation I had with my daughter, a DR1's Daily News reader for years, about 30 minutes ago.....And how she found out DR1 has a "Shop" section!..

Me: "Well, next time, try going to DR1 and click on DR1 Shop....Maybe they sell it and you can buy it there".

Daughter: "What are you talking about, old fart, DR1 has a shop, where?.

Me: "Yes they do, on their home page, on the left side".

]
:bunny:Dominican Bookshop -The Dominican Republic in Print;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mike, Are You "Kissing" Everyone's A$$ This Year???

Or Just the Ones You want to Impress?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
NO soy el, pero...

Or Just the Ones You want to Impress?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Well, I am not Mike but allow me to answer for him (and Mike, sorry to answer the 2 questions asked to you):

If Mike is anything like me, then he will believe in this:

A person who is not easily impressed doesn't care to impress people or kiss people's axxes!!.

Welllll, NOT males axxes anyways.....Wahahahahahahahaha!!.

Now Miguel, NOT Mike, mind you, because I don't know him at all, have ALWAYS believed in:

"Apoyar donde come" (ANNNND in case Mike doesn't speak Spanish, it means "Support where I eat")

NOWWWW "Pucker-up", it's time to kiss SOME big axx!!!. Wahahahaha!. (

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Miguel you are wrecking your reputation by doing good things again..... Stop it, people are going to talk.

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Great thrad - I had completely forgotten to. And didn't even know about the media gallery until someone mentioned it on Facebook the other day! So thanks muchly for this Miguel (or Mike ;) )

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Como va' se'?....Como va' siete....

Miguel you are wrecking your reputation by doing good things again..... Stop it, people are going to talk.
Hey lookie here.....2 more Mike (whomever that axxhole is) will have to impress and kiss their axxes!!!. LUCKY BASTARD!!!!. Wahahahahaha.

Vince: "that's the way, aha aha, I like it, aha aha"....Straight to the point.....Post the link, leave the ignorant remarks out and just leave it at that...Wahahahahahahaha!.

Kate: That's exactly what I am talking about....And you have been here since March!!....

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Kate: That's exactly what I am talking about....And you have been here since March!!....

Yeah - and now I've found it I wish I'd seen it before - I've got a whole bunch of pics I could have put there and may well do when I get round to it! There must be a number of things on here that people don't know about so yes - maybe there should be something somewhere to show people what there is. Once you get into the forums you can't see that any of that exists and I'm sure there must be so many people that just come straight to the forums without looking elsewhere.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si....

Yeah - and now I've found it I wish I'd seen it before - I've got a whole bunch of pics I could have put there and may well do when I get round to it! There must be a number of things on here that people don't know about so yes - maybe there should be something somewhere to show people what there is. Once you get into the forums you can't see that any of that exists and I'm sure there must be so many people that just come straight to the forums without looking elsewhere.
If you found it after reading this thread....Perhaps others will, also.....At the end of the day, that's what I was trying to do/say (that many don't even know where certain things are).

Last edited: