Mountain Road Conditions

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
It has been awhile since PJT has traveled the mountain region and he would like to prepare a trip itinerary in advance to gain the best results. So, does anyone have recent knowledge of the road conditions from Bonao (Autopista Duarte) to Constanza and from Constanza to Jarabacoa over the mountain road.

Regards,
PJT

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
At Christmas I travelled from Jarabacoa to Paso Bajito, which is about halfway to Contanza. Road was being worked on in several places and there was quite a bit of mud. 4 Wheel drive recommended.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My judo kids that study at the university and whose families live in Constanza, told me that the road from Casabito was okay....

Go for it, and if you need help, just yell...

HB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Gents, thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

H.B. if I need any help I'll have the wife yell. Her voice carries further ............. :cheeky: from years of experience to obtain my attention.

Regards,
PJT

George Holmes

Nov 15, 2006
dofieldwork.blogspot.com
The road from Highway Duarte to Constanza is paved, apart from the odd 10 metre stretch, and pretty decent too. Watch the winding bit going up the mountains - a car takes the fatal plunge every few months. You will be amazed at the size of the lorries that go that way. From Casabito onwards the road is pretty flattish, but windy, and if a lorry turns over and blocks the road you could be stuck for hours.

Really pretty part of the DR up there