bank requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrant123

Jul 30, 2007
hi im coming back over to pop this month and want to open a bank account I have been told that I need a bank reference from my bank in UK could anyone help with best bank to go to and name address and contact so I can get the reference before I come over as my bank said they only do it to a specific person and bank. Also any other advice on the best account to have would be welcome.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
You will need a passport, bank reference from home bank, and three references from Domincanos, as well as income confirmation.

Your home bank reference is as simple as just as how long you have been a member/had an account in good standing. Most banks are used to this - just ask and I am sure they will print one up for you.

dgrant123

Jul 30, 2007
thanks my bank said no problem with the ref but they had to make it out to a bank and person with address what proff of income would they need

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
or go to Banreserves, with your passport....they will take a copy and submit it to santo domingo to do a check, then in about 2-3 weeks you go back to see if you have been accepted. you don?t need a bank reference or any other references.....

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
If you want a bank in PoP I can give you the name of managers (or their assistants) at a couple of banks. Get you bank to make out a reference to one of them, get that photocopied & then go to any of the banks you feel happy with & show them the photocopy!!

You've got money, they WANT your money, they'll accept the photocopy!!

I'll not put the names here on the open forum as I have not asked their permission to do so, but if you care to PM me I'll send them back by return.
Quick question: If you have a solid credit &/or debit card in UK, why bother with a bank account here until you are absolutely sure you want to re-locate here & have had time to decide which bank you like the best or find most convenient? Use your debit card for cash withdrawals & your credit card for large purchases! ~ Grahame

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
or go to Banreserves, with your passport....they will take a copy and submit it to santo domingo to do a check, then in about 2-3 weeks you go back to see if you have been accepted. you don?t need a bank reference or any other references.....

I had been to Banco Popular and the teller handed me a photocopied list of required 'documents' to open an account.

Not correct? Should be as easy as just leaving a photo copy of your passport?

dgrant123

Jul 30, 2007
Grahame thanks for that it would be great help definatly relocating I have small bussiness there now but understand about leaving money in UK not sure how to do the PM but will try

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I had been to Banco Popular and the teller handed me a photocopied list of required 'documents' to open an account.

Not correct? Should be as easy as just leaving a photo copy of your passport?

Sorry I thought i said Banreservas......and Speaking from experience......I opened an account exactly that way.....other banks may differ, but thats Banreservas requirement......

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Things have changed a lot, I opened my last bank account years ago and all what was needed was a copy of my passport or cedula.
Last week I took a client of mine to help him to open an account at Banco Popular and he was handed a whole list of requirements, including references and proof of income and more.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
this was about 8 months ago, and the bank hasn?t changed policies.....banco popular is quite different in its requirements, just as scotiabank, and banco santa cruz doesn?t require as much.....but banreservas is still the same....

Status
Not open for further replies.