The town of Moca

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Is there a town or barrio in Moca called Altamira? If so, does any one knows any one from the Maldonado family there that I can be placed in contact with?

This is the story. My grandfather (Sotero Maldonado) it said to have come from this area. He died when his children were very young and contact with his side of the family was forever lost. Basically, my father, aunts and uncle do not know anything about their father's family. The only information I know about his siblings is that their names were, Juana, Maria Virgen, Altagracia and Jose. His mother's name was Ramona. My grandfather also was good friend with a Colonel (Coronel) Joaquin Cocco Hijo. My interest is to find out more about my grandfather and his family.

Any lead and information will be greatly appreciated.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hi Storgord:

I wish you luck.

Thanks for showing up at the party;)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Since my wife's family is from Moca, I'll call some people I know and ask them if they know the family. Also, I pulled up the following phone number in the white pages, give them a call:

Maldonado P, Juana M
L Schott 18
Moca
(809) 577-6865

See following whit epages link. It only works if you have the correct first and last name, in this case I entered "Juana" and "Maldonado" in Moca:

ResTemplate

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Altamira is a town between Puerta Plata and Navarette. Maybe this is the place.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I called a friend of mine who is manager of a business in Moca and has lived there his whole life and he says there is no barrio called Altamira in Moca. However, the most important thing is not the name of the barrio but the town. If you are really serious and don't find your answers, let me know and I'll put you in contact with a PI here who is trustworthy who will find the relatives, as finding people is what he does for a living.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
So is Bartolo Colon. He built a multi-million Dollar baseball stadium for the kids there. You can see it on the right side going towards Santiago.

I was actullay invited, my last time in Santiago, to a log house all the way on the top of a mountain that this stadium is located on. (if I am not mistaken).

We had a pig roast.

Very beautiful views!!!!

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Everyone thanks for the information. I think Moca is where my grandfather was from. The town of Altamira could be a town that he and my grandmother moved later, since Puerto Plata is where they lived at one point in their marriage. As you know the kids were very young when he died and could have mistaken the location.

Chip,

Thanks for the lead. I might contact you later in case I decide to hire a PI.

Roberto