Permanent Residency Renewal

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
I have read through all the threads on this but can't find the answer to my question, so please bear with me if it has been answered before.

I am about to renew my permanent residency myself and have found all the information on here very helpful, especially the link to Migracion:

DIRECCION GENERAL DE MIGRACION - [D. G. M.]

However, I can't see anywhere if you need to take photos with you for your renewal. Does anyone happen to know if this is necessary, or not, and if so how many and what size?

Many thanks,
Linda.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You do not need to bring photos. Janin

..............because they now have these dinky little webcams & Migracion themselves do the pic digitally straight to the plasticated residencia card and................if for any reason the webcam isn't working they can use the pic on your old card. Remember that one Linda, because you don't want to be asked to come back on another day, not when it's a 4 hours plus journey each way, just because the camera is out of order. ;)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have read through all the threads on this but can't find the answer to my question, so please bear with me if it has been answered before.

I am about to renew my permanent residency myself and have found all the information on here very helpful, especially the link to Migracion:

DIRECCION GENERAL DE MIGRACION - [D. G. M.]

However, I can't see anywhere if you need to take photos with you for your renewal. Does anyone happen to know if this is necessary, or not, and if so how many and what size?

Many thanks,
Linda.
Show up early. 08:00. Bring your passport and cedula "Just in case" A few extra $$$ pesos for the VIP. Should take less that 1Hr.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I did not and would not.
To me it seems better (and more convenient for someone from far) to arrive around 11 and leave the place at 12 or 12:30.

1,000 RD$.
Normally they don't even ask and put it on your bill... ;)

Janin

Worked for me for 20 years. I guess times change.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
More Efficient

... I guess times change.
They do (and I remember how it was in former years).

Much of the administration (gun permit, driver license, residencia, marbete, etc.) is much more efficient nowadays. :bunny:

Janin