Property Insurance

swyse

Jan 4, 2008
Anyone carry property insurance? Can you get insurance that covers floods and wind damage? I'm thinking that if a hurricane hits what insurance do you need to be protected?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes we have property insurance & you can get a package which includes insurance for hurricane damage. We had that inserted into our existing policy a month before Hurricane George went through in '98. After that the insurance company thought I was a bruja.........:)

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Are there insurances that cover earthquakes? What company is the best?

Thanks

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
What is the deductible for hurricane insurance? If Florida the deductible is 4% of the dwelling's insured value for damage from a named storm.
Does it include wind, flood water and wind blown water?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes there is earthquake cover. On our policy deductibles as follows: 10% earthquake, 5% hurricane, tornado, waterspout, 5% water damage as consequence of hurricane, 5% flooding/sea surge, 10% robbery, home invasion.

Luperon, I don't know which company is 'best'. I know ours paid out on a small leak after George without inspection (but then they had bigger issues at the time............). Not sure if this is allowed but I'll give you the link to our company & if it isn't allowed Chris can remove it.
La Monumental

Earl, our agent has an office in Puerto Plata & lives in Sosua so may not be suitable for Jarabacoa, but she is Austrian & speaks English (& Spanish & German of course). If you want to email her to get info please let me know in an email - I won't put her email here.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
healthcare

how is there health plan for 2 kids and a husabnd and wife..what is the monthy fee and what is included if you gop to doctor for a cold....

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
how is there health plan for 2 kids and a husabnd and wife..what is the monthy fee and what is included if you gop to doctor for a cold....
I seem to recall there were a couple of other threads on this subject just recently, did you do a search before posting this? It would be far better for you to get ALL the companies mentioned on those threads, check out their websites (or talk to their agents direct) so as to get definitive information rather than us give a mangled version of each company's policies!

Don't bother going to the doctor's for a cold remedy - just pop along to your friendly farmacia. The pharmacist will have something sufficiently potent to clear the tubes & leave you feeling like a new man/woman!!

I really DO recommend that people try to self diagnose too by going on to WebMD or similar. Get a BASIC idea of what the problem could be & then go visit the doctor if you are still concerned/unsure. The chances are YOUR diagnosis will be as thorough AND correct as the doctors & even if it isn't, then you have a lot more knowledge of the possibilities & will be aware of what the doctor might be saying/diagnosing/screwing up so that you will be able to ask pertinent questions to keep him/her on the right lines. The Merck Manual is another very good source for self diagnosis!!

Good luck with the search key ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

As this thread is entitled Property Insurance you might be better off starting a new one & calling it something more appropriate to the info you are seeking - you'll probably get more responses that way.