Samana peninsula to Bavaro

sharonz

Dec 29, 2007
Hi,
We would like to know the best and quickest route from Samana to Bavaro (via ferry and public transport)? Any advice you could give us would be great. Thank you

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
By ground transportation...

Go to Higuey and take the bus to El Seibo. In El Seibo you have the option of the bus to Miches or the one to Hato Mayor. I would prefer the one to Hato Mayor because the Miches road is too winding for my taste. You may need to overnight in Sabana de la Mar to catch the ferry the next day to Samana. Plan on traveling all day.

Another long option is to go to Santo Domingo (express bus from Bavaro) and then a Metro (7 and 3pm departure, $300) or Caribe Tours (7, 8:30, 10, 1:30, 2:30 adn 4pm departures, $280) to Samana. Each stretch takes about four hours, so about eight hours of bus time.

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
I'm taking a 3-4 night trip from Punta Cana to the Las Terrenas area (return) and have opted for a flight, costing me approx $115. each way - "steep $$" some may say, but i'm there in 1/2 hour and can enjoy my time there rather then spending you might as well say a whole day getting there. Each to his own in this choice I think.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uh, D??

The OP is going from Saman? to Bavaro...

Janin posted the best and quickest option, FLY...

HB

sharonz

Dec 29, 2007
I'm taking a 3-4 night trip from Punta Cana to the Las Terrenas area (return) and have opted for a flight, costing me approx $115. each way - "steep $$" some may say, but i'm there in 1/2 hour and can enjoy my time there rather then spending you might as well say a whole day getting there. Each to his own in this choice I think.

Thanks for your reply. We were also thinking of flying as it saves us a day of travel. We are interested in which company you are flying with as we have seen a few online

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
I realize the thread said Samana to Punta Cana, however I am doing a return flight from Punta Cana so I think it would be applicable for the question asked.
TakeOff Destination Service is what I have looked into.