US Citizens/DR res VOTING in Primaries

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
This may have been addressed--if so, please point me there (I've searched but we are moving houses today & tomorrow, plus I still have an open wound).

What is the process for voting in the US Primaries for those who are legal residents of the DR but US Citizens? I know that for general elections, we file absentee ballots but am not sure if the primaries are different.

Also, we have a 17 year old who will be old enough to vote in the Presidential election but only turns 18 in June. Does filing as an absentee ballot allow him sufficient time from the end of June till the Nov election (I know it would IN the US but this IS the DR and it took us 19 mo to get our residency/Cedula cards!)

TIA!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Americans abroad can now vote online

Americans abroad can now vote online - Yahoo! News

Partial excert..... (I did not check to see if the DR is one of the countries)

MEXICO CITY - This year, for the first time, expatriate Democrats can cast their ballots on the Internet in a presidential primary for people living outside the United States.

Democrats Abroad, an official branch of the party representing overseas voters, will hold its first global presidential preference primary from Feb. 5 to 12, with ex-pats selecting the candidate of their choice by Internet as well as fax, mail and in-person at polling places in more than 100 countries.

Don SantiagoDR

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Fvap

Go to FVAP.gov for the official gov't website, it has, or should have all the info.
Rules are a little different for each state's requirements.