Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Furniture shopping in PC

I'm looking into buying a townshouse in Punta Cana but its not furnished. Is there a place in the area where one can buy furniture/appliances and household goods? This place is in Villas del Sol II, anyone know how far this is from the shopping area? or how much taxis cost in the area?

Any help would be appreciated as I don't know anything about the area.

Thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swyse View Post
    I'm looking into buying a townshouse in Punta Cana but its not furnished. Is there a place in the area where one can buy furniture/appliances and household goods? This place is in Villas del Sol II, anyone know how far this is from the shopping area? or how much taxis cost in the area?

Any help would be appreciated as I don't know anything about the area.

Thanks
    I am sorry but I can't help you with knowledge of the area for buying furniture or appliances and other household goods but I would query why you are considering buying a property in an area with which you are not familiar?

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking for a winter escape when I retire. This property seems to be a good deal in a fast growing area. For now I will mostly rent it out and by the time I retire it should be paid off. From what I have seen and read Punta Cana sounds beautiful and affordable. I will be visiting the area and staying at a hotel before I make any final comitments. So for now I am just researching what is available in the area.

Sue

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking for a winter escape when I retire. This property seems to be a good deal in a fast growing area. For now I will mostly rent it out and by the time I retire it should be paid off. From what I have seen and read Punta Cana sounds beautiful and affordable. I will be visiting the area and staying at a hotel before I make any final comitments. So for now I am just researching what is available in the area.

Sue
    That makes good sense, was just trying to be protective and encouraging you to be cautious.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Unicane is really the only shop for all your house needs but be careful, can be a little expensive so choose wisely - they have a small shop in the Palma Real shopping mall and also a larger store on the road between the Fruisa crossroads towards the Iberstar and Riu Hotels, on the left. Also there is a rumour that Illuminair (not sure if spelt right) is coming to Punta Cana (out near the airport where the Jumbo is going I think) - my husband has looked at their shops in Santo Domingo and was really impressed with what they had to offer so things are coming to Punta Cana - it just takes a little time!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

What kind of things does the Jumbo carry?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be stupid. Villas del Sol II is far from everything, especially from the beach. The best places to purchase good furniture for normal prices are still in Santo Domingo. If you buy a lot of things, they will carry it for free to Punta Cana the next day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hel and back View Post
    Hi

Unicane is really the only shop for all your house needs but be careful, can be a little expensive so choose wisely - they have a small shop in the Palma Real shopping mall and also a larger store on the road between the Fruisa crossroads towards the Iberstar and Riu Hotels, on the left. Also there is a rumour that Illuminair (not sure if spelt right) is coming to Punta Cana (out near the airport where the Jumbo is going I think) - my husband has looked at their shops in Santo Domingo and was really impressed with what they had to offer so things are coming to Punta Cana - it just takes a little time!!!
    Ilumel (furniture) and Cerarte (ceramics, bathrooms and kitchens) are supposed to be opening branches in Punta Cana. So is one of the ferreterias - (Americana?) - a department and hardware store. There are some nice looking furniture/home decor stores in Punta Cana Village IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a bit of informationj:
    There is an architect and his wife, Desangles, is his name, that build furniture out there in Punta Cana, and it is beautiful...and oh so comfortable.

HB

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

What kind of things does the Jumbo carry?
    JUMBO: www.jumbo.com.do

Palma Real Shopping Village: PALMA REAL SHOPPING VILLAGE

Americana Departamentos: Americana Departamentos
    -NALs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast