Dominican Republic to build more airports, aerodromes.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
SANTO DOMINGO.- Next year the Government will resume the construction of the airport at San Juan de la Maguana (west) and plans to build aerodromes in Jiman? (southwest), Pedernales (southwest) and San Francisco de Macor?s (northeast), making it the region?s leader in that infrastructure, according to data from the International Civil Aviation Organization.

The Airport Department?s agenda also includes the inauguration of the airport at Montecristi (northwest), which is in the final stage, and the construction of the Santo Domingo heliport, which was detained by order of the mayor Roberto Salcedo.

Airports Department director Andr?s Vanderhorts said the plan is to aerially link the country and provide a fast response to natural catastrophes and for tourism to reach all areas.

Construction of San Juan?s airport began in 2004 but was paralyzed because it was contiguous with one of the properties of Quirino Paulino, indicted on drug-trafficking charges and awiting trial in the United States, whereas San Francisco?s aerodrome is to be built in an area near the city?s entrance.

With the incorporation of Constanza?s June 14 airport to the international category last Friday, the country has 10 terminals with this estatus. The others are Las Am?ricas, in Santo Domingo; Gregorio Luper?n in Puerto Plata; Punta Cana, in La Altagracia; La Romana, in La Romana; Maria Montez in Barahona; Cibao in Santiago; Catey in Saman?; and El Hig?ero in North Santo Domingo.

The Airports Department said 8,502,119 passengers used these airports in November, and just Las Am?ricas expects to mobilize 250,000 in the days Christmas and New Year.

DominicanTODAY

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Geological studies are being done on lines 2 and 3 already...
I guess to save the headache of having to explain that it was an on the go thingy from the start... LOL!!!
To those that still keep like parrots repeating that it would had made a big difference if the studies were made before hand: As proven by any tunnel construction around the world, all the study finds are off to the toilet once the first few hundred feet are excavated...

All that money was saved and put to good concrete use, rather than on somebody's pocket for a change...

Studies were made only for the surface part of the Metro as required for the building of the support columns and nothing else matters...

So many distractors and nay sayers... Yet here the Metro comes to life just about and the distractors are either accepting their moot points were just that moot... Or as in the case of some, just using the hide and seek phenomenon...

But sensible debate is always good for any project as big as this, so even those that became the worst enemies of the Metro, in reality did help the program by keeping the politicians in tip-toes about spending the money without care that they could be investigated and prosecuted...

The only thing I didn't agreed to the Metro's initial plan was the starting point from N to S, instead of the most traffic projection of E to W. But as I later found out, the kingpin of the lines to be built later is line 1. I guess due to the public attacks from left to right, coming out saying that the line 1 was only the linkage point for the other two even bigger lines was political suicide!!!
The line that will link the DN to the AILAS is going to be even better and faster, with a possible further linkage for private investment to the eastern point of the country and the major coastal links.

Line 1 will also be extended later to use heavy rail to connect Metro SD to Metro Santiago...

Big plans, bigger money!!!

Get ready for taxes just like the developed world soon to come to a Dominican near you...

The SD Metro is just a small window into the Master Plan to link all major cities of the DR via rapid mass transit and end the rusting tin cans that today travel along the highways...

The second plan is already underway without much fanfare or better put, notice and awe to the public as the Metro: All cities in the DR will be linked by international airports with world class helipads to service the entire national territory in minutes.
Car travel will be a thing of the past for inter-city commuting in the DR. All the woes that affect other developed nations are being cut aside and 21st century mobility adopted in mass. Just don't blink or you'll miss the next airport to appear out of the nada next to your driveway!!!

And lucky me that I was born in this little speck of dirt in the middle of the Caribbean...
With Metro service nation-wide, and with international airports in every single city of the country... LOL!!!

Like I said to C Colon: I love to use wonder woman's invisible airplane from time to time and cut some traffic along the way... LOL!!!

http://www.dr1.com/forums/dr-debates/37887-santo-domingo-metro-15.html

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
SANTO DOMINGO.- Next year the Government will resume the construction of the airport at San Juan de la Maguana (west) and plans to build aerodromes in Jiman? (southwest), Pedernales (southwest) and San Francisco de Macor?s (northeast), making it the region?s leader in that infrastructure, according to data from the International Civil Aviation Organization.

The Airport Department?s agenda also includes the inauguration of the airport at Montecristi (northwest), which is in the final stage, and the construction of the Santo Domingo heliport, which was detained by order of the mayor Roberto Salcedo.

Airports Department director Andr?s Vanderhorts said the plan is to aerially link the country and provide a fast response to natural catastrophes and for tourism to reach all areas. :paranoid:
Construction of San Juan?s airport began in 2004 but was paralyzed because it was contiguous with one of the properties of Quirino Paulino, indicted on drug-trafficking charges and awiting trial in the United States, whereas San Francisco?s aerodrome is to be built in an area near the city?s entrance.

With the incorporation of Constanza?s June 14 airport to the international category last Friday, the country has 10 terminals with this estatus. The others are Las Am?ricas, in Santo Domingo; Gregorio Luper?n in Puerto Plata; Punta Cana, in La Altagracia; La Romana, in La Romana; Maria Montez in Barahona; Cibao in Santiago; Catey in Saman?; and El Hig?ero in North Santo Domingo.

The Airports Department said 8,502,119 passengers used these airports in November, and just Las Am?ricas expects to mobilize 250,000 in the days Christmas and New Year.

DominicanTODAY

Need I say more?...