One for the Brits

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Once again We will return to chill for 2 beautifull weeks on the island of paradise!

On every trip we bring things over the ex pat brits who miss a few of the English goodies.

So - Any ex pats - If you want Gravy Granules, Cadburys Milk, Marmite, Horse Raddish or what ever PM or E mail me and we will be there in 4 weeks or so.

North of the island - but will have a car - we noramlly travel from Playa Grande through to Corfresi so what ever you want within that area let me know!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'm going to be EVER so bold & speaking as one who has benefitted from your generosity & willingness to be a UK supply route (for which I thank you :) ) - this time maybe use all your space & weight allowance to bring things for the locals? We Brits. here survived the recent weather burps rather well - some of the locals didn't. Just a suggestion............

Feel free to drop in if you're in PP - we'd be happy to see you minus the goodies. ;)

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
I'm going to be EVER so bold & speaking as one who has benefitted from your generosity & willingness to be a UK supply route (for which I thank you :) ) - this time maybe use all your space & weight allowance to bring things for the locals? We Brits. here survived the recent weather burps rather well - some of the locals didn't. Just a suggestion............

Feel free to drop in if you're in PP - we'd be happy to see you minus the goodies. ;)

Great idea!!! I am busy collecting clothes from people for our next visit to Santo Domingo. We have a website here called freecycle and its about recycling things that you don't want anymore - you can advertise anything you have as long as its free! I go on it every day and have manged to get some nice kids clothes from there which we will bring with us.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Lambada, we always bring items for the locals as well. Always have and always will. Normally, if im honest its school supplies - paper, pens, pencills, chalk, writing books etc. Whilst its not much by any means - every little helps - normally enough for a class or two.
What else would you suggest we bring for locals?

With regards to yourself - are you sure I cant tempt you with some Dark Choc Penguins?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Maybe some second hand children's clothing for those who have lost most possessions? Maybe 'do' the Oxfam shops?

With regards to yourself - are you sure I cant tempt you with some Dark Choc Penguins?

You know, that's how the rumours about my personal life get started......:laugh::laugh:

They're talking biscuits, people.............:)

Bless you but I'm fine for biscuits thanks.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Don't waste your efforts pampering the ex-pats on the North Coast. They are already living in Paradise and need nothing. Concentrate your charity on us poor old age pensioners stuck in the UK. See if you can sneak a hot chica into your luggage on the return trip. Someone to see me through the cold winter.

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Don't waste your efforts pampering the ex-pats on the North Coast. They are already living in Paradise and need nothing. Concentrate your charity on us poor old age pensioners stuck in the UK. See if you can sneak a hot chica into your luggage on the return trip. Someone to see me through the cold winter.

Hmm - if you've got an empty case coming back we're running low on coffee and Brugal! ;)

Definitely think you should get some kids clothes together - I've just managed to get hold of some more, should hopefully have a suitcase full by the time we come over.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Dont be silly. You and Bushbaby dont need shaking. Applauding for wonderfull lives that you live in paradise.
Dont forget there are many Brits who sit this side of the pond "Wishing they were there"................

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Oh London777 doesnt need shaking. Shame he found paradise in his later years and not before. I want to be like him when I grow up!

Anyway - a little bump....... any more for anymore.