New apartments for residents of El Tablon

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Well the residents of El Tablon that were supposed to be re-located to the new apartments in La Union certainly do have a right to complain now.....the buildings are collapsing!! It is a very good job that nobody was in them at the time, God only knows what the injuries or even death toll would have been.
It looks as though those responsible for construction did not use enough cement....could well be another story of allocated funds going into a few pockets.
See the link here, Sos?a-News

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well the residents of El Tablon that were supposed to be re-located to the new apartments in La Union certainly do have a right to complain now.....the buildings are collapsing!! It is a very good job that nobody was in them at the time, God only knows what the injuries or even death toll would have been.
It looks as though those responsible for construction did not use enough cement....could well be another story of allocated funds going into a few pockets.
See the link here, Sos?a-News
Or better yet, read about it on DR1
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/66487-el-tablon-22.html#post594524

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Well, looks like I missed one hell of a show :(
I was about to go there today, and then resisted my own nosiness because of all the mud and such.
Now, I'll HAVE to go.
Still, after looking at the pictures posted on the news page... I wonder what it really is we are seeing there. It's definitely NOT a whole apartment building (there's way to little rubble) and it's not on a building's site either as the foundation slab is missing (I hope that didn't just crumble too).

I don't trust the whole thing until I see it (especially since it so conveniently happened after rumors of bad material qualities.

... J-D.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I thought about going to day but refuse to meet the same end the Germans did in the Russian winter. :(

Ai que frrrrioooo, conoooo.
... J-D.
From what I can see in the sat pix, tomorrow should be a nice day.
Today's horrible,
Good time to cuddle up to your girlfriend.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
JD. Sauser esta cumpliendo, en La Caoba tambien ;-)

I just finished posting three post with today's pictures of la La Caotica, erm... Caoba development.

You can find them on pages 22 and 23 of the "El Tablon"-thread.

I have not found and crumbled buildings but seem to find a lower quality standard in newer structures.

If you wish to visit, bring high rubber boots along and a 4x4 unless you want to fight your way back as I did.

... J-D.