Playa Bonita

rkimages

Jan 7, 2008
Hello everyone,
How far is Playa Bonita from Las Terrenas?
Is it better to stay in Playa Bonita or Las Terrenas?
Are there any reasonably priced places to stay in Playa Bonita?
Thank you.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
How far is Playa Bonita from Las Terrenas?
7 minutes by car...
Is it better to stay in Playa Bonita or Las Terrenas?
I would say Playa Bonita is better for those who like "peace & quiet", versus Las Terrenas, who would be better for the "party goers"... Both are absolutely great !
Are there any reasonably priced places to stay in Playa Bonita?
Here's my classic : Costa Las Ballenas ? Hotel Villa Appartement a Las Terrenas - Samana - Republique Dominicaine
But you might want to check Hotel Atlantis, Casa Grande, Goyamar, Hotel Acaya...

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Do consider your own transport if you're going to stay in Playa Bonita -- it could be a four-wheeler. The taxi fare to LT is ten bucks each way, and the motoconchistas are sharks asking 100 RDP, then only with extreme reluctance and bad grace dropping to sixty or seventy. (Accepted tarifa by local ex-pats is forty pesos.) These are Feb 2007 figures.

bmadison

Dec 26, 2007
We stayed at Hotel Atlantis on Playa Bonita earlier in January. Absolutely beautiful place and fantastic food!! The beach in that area is far superior to the one in Las Terrenas proper. Having said this, we felt pretty isolated out there. Getting back and forth on taxi's and motoconcho's is a pain. I would recommend staying on Playa Bonita for a few days but not longer term.