Airline Complaints IN the DR

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
:surprised...........to whom should these complaints be made? Is there a certain government agency that regulates these flights?

My concern at this time is an AA flight #1889 from JFK to STI that is CONSISTANTLY late (6,7,8,9 hour delays are NOT abnormal). American on the US end seems to care less and it seems that most of the Dominican passengers don't care either.............:surprised:surprised:speechles:

I have many family/friends that travel this flight and am tired of waiting and waiting to pick up people from the airport. I also travel the flight and feel like I am playing the lottery to see if it leaves on time. (9 hours late yesterday, 4 the day before, already delayed today 2 hours etc etc).:ermm:

When you call AA in the DR at 542-5151 they act like "what are you talking about"?????:confused::confused:

I have flown these AA flights for over 10 years on a bi-weekly basis and know most of the flight attendant crews.........

From what I gather:

1. They take the plane and give it to any other flight that has a problem since: a: The Dominican's don't care.............and
b: They don't give them any vouchers etc that they would have to
with other people that "stand up" for their rights..........

2. They used to take the Haitian planes and now the Haitians have begun to fight so now it's time to "sh**" on the Dominicans.

Websites like "FlightStats.com" etc rate this flight a "0" on the scale of 1-5.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN AND NOONE DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?? There has got to be someone in the DR that can tell AA to either keep it's schedule or stop the flight.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Why don't you switch airlines like I did.. I told AA to go screw themself. Now there's a choice. Now I fly Delta from JFK to STI. They're more friendly than AA. Free movies, better meals (not that I care about the chow), free headphones, etc. Hit them where it hurts and let them now your feelings. Send emails to their Customer Service dept.
Are you using earned miles to fly with them. If that's the case, forget about all I wrote here.
Zeus (venting air)

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Zeus is 100% right. Unless AA airlines airfare is alot cheaper I wont fly them. Delta is my first choice. I have seen AA crew treat Dominicans like $hit. They never treated me bad but I hate the way they make people think that they are doing them a favor.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Zeus is 100% right. Unless AA airlines airfare is alot cheaper I wont fly them. Delta is my first choice. I have seen AA crew treat Dominicans like $hit. They never treated me bad but I hate the way they make people think that they are doing them a favor.

That was my exact experience with them and the observations I made. I wont fly with them again irrespective of price. Their staff are rude and customer service is non-existant.

I agree with the above 2 posters, you totally have choices.

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
:surprised...........to whom should these complaints be made? Is there a certain government agency that regulates these flights?

My concern at this time is an AA flight #1889 from JFK to STI that is CONSISTANTLY late (6,7,8,9 hour delays are NOT abnormal). American on the US end seems to care less and it seems that most of the Dominican passengers don't care either.............:surprised:surprised:speechles:

I have many family/friends that travel this flight and am tired of waiting and waiting to pick up people from the airport. I also travel the flight and feel like I am playing the lottery to see if it leaves on time. (9 hours late yesterday, 4 the day before, already delayed today 2 hours etc etc).:ermm:

When you call AA in the DR at 542-5151 they act like "what are you talking about"?????:confused::confused:

I have flown these AA flights for over 10 years on a bi-weekly basis and know most of the flight attendant crews.........

From what I gather:

1. They take the plane and give it to any other flight that has a problem since: a: The Dominican's don't care.............and
b: They don't give them any vouchers etc that they would have to
with other people that "stand up" for their rights..........

2. They used to take the Haitian planes and now the Haitians have begun to fight so now it's time to "sh**" on the Dominicans.

Websites like "FlightStats.com" etc rate this flight a "0" on the scale of 1-5.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN AND NOONE DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?? There has got to be someone in the DR that can tell AA to either keep it's schedule or stop the flight.

For sure AA sucks. It has a virtual monopoly on many routes from US/Puerto Rico to DR.

We stopped flying them yeeeeeeeears ago after a flight from JFK to SDQ; the way they treated passengers was shocking: I mean, they were F*ckin yelling at passengers, disgustingly dirty cabin.. blah, blah, blah.

They only understand the dollars. Stop spending yours with them.

Continental out of EWR, nonstop service. It's worth the extra travel time if JFK is closer.

AA sucks.

CJ

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Well I can't understand why Dominican are so stupid to fly with American, I hate when they says this '' A American nadie la Tumba'', come on people are they masoquita when they fly in those horrible AB6. American is not a bad airlines but when it comes to Dominican Republic its operations sucks.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
What everyone has said........

........may all be well and true...........

...........BUT what is, is , and there MUST BE someone or some department in the DR that COULD/WOULD do something about it IF people started to complain.....

Myself, I am close to my 1,000,000. miles and once I get that and get to keep my GOLD status for life, I will be flying Jetblue or someone else......but I still have a year or so to go........

.......but in the meantime, I'd like to organize the few people I CAN, to start doing some complaining on THIS END.........

THE DR should be looking out for it's citizens and take them to task........there are far many more DOMINICANS that are delayed for hours and hours than foreigners........

SO, WHERE DO WE START.........HERE??????

AND BTW, CNnNJ, I would personally rather kill myself than fly out of Newark.......I'll stick with JFK.....thank you!!! LOL

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
I am not a huge fan of AA, but I like those widebody planes. It seems rare to get a US carrier even cross country with anything bigger than a 757. Kind of a relief to get on a widebody for a change.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
Also, there are a lot of flights of of JFK that are a mess, not just the DR flights. Avoid JFK whenever you can!

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
AND BTW, CNnNJ, I would personally rather kill myself than fly out of Newark.......I'll stick with JFK.....thank you!!! LOL

LOL.. yes, it can take a while for your flight to take off... or land... though it's generally smooth sailing before they start stacking up around 3ish.

CJ

blueyegal

Nov 2, 2007
Try Jetblue, though seems as though their rates can vary quite a lot (or my friend gets really ripped off by his sister-in-law) because I pay about 1/2 than my friend and he books a month or two before me.

Good Luck,
B