Punta Cana Resort & Golf

cpark10s

Jan 2, 2008
How far is the Punta Cana Resort from the airport? Where we are staying they offer cooks to prepare meals and we have been asked about a grocery list. What kind of beer and meal should we request? Also, is this a safe place for a 15month old baby?

Thanks

cpark10s

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are just minutes from the PC Resort.
For your grocery list, be careful, things are expensive in that area.
Beer: Presidente, the most popular beer in the whole country and Brahma are the two most popular. You can also have Heinikens(sp?), Quilmes, Stella Atois, Bohemia, or just about any beer you can think of.

As for the rest of the list, think light: meat and veggies with rice or potatoes. If you want a Dominican style meal, ask for "Platanos" and rice and beans.

HB

And, YES, it is fine for children of all ages....

cpark10s

Jan 2, 2008
Thank you very much for your most helpful response. I as really excited about visiting the DR

cpark10s

cpark10s

Jan 2, 2008
We are indeed staying in one of the private homes on the golf course. I have never been there before but I have heard it is beautiful. Have you been to Tortuga Bay? Anything I will need to know? I would be grateful for any information. Are there close shopping centers? How is the food?

Thanks
Cpark10s

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Actually, I work here in the sales department for PUNTACANA Resort & Club. The way the private villas work is the Estates Experience (the rental program in charge of the villas) personnel call a company in Santo Domingo with your grocery list, these people are supermarket suppliers and carry pretty much anything you might want. Shortly after you arrive, the supplier brings your things over to the villa for your revision and you pay them directly. The company doesn't charge a commission or anything similar on this. The prices come out pretty even with the local supermarkets but you have better quality and fresher products. Just make sure to send the list ahead of time so they have time to coordinate everything.

Some of the villas are located in the Tortuga residential area around the golf course which is where our Tortuga Bay hotel is located. Every villa is different and they're a great option for families and people who want a different option. You have access to all of the resort's facilities and the charges are done to your villa through a charge card.

If you need any additional information, please PM me and I'll put you in direct contact with the girls at Estates Experience. You can also get more information on the property at Welcome to PUNTACANA RESORT & CLUB .

cpark10s

Jan 2, 2008
You are absolutely delightful and I appreciate your information. It is nice to visit with someone that is actually there. We will be arriving March 5th and pehaps I could look you up and buy you a drink. One last thing, I will be bringing my little 16 month old granddaughter. Do we need to take any precautions with her? It looks like a great family spot.

Cpark10s

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Give me a buzz when you get here. Extension 7128. The precautions we always give people, adults or children who come to the country are:

Don't drink water from the tap. We have our own aqueduct and the water is pretty good but don't take any chances. That includes brushing your teeth and washing fruits or vegetables. Bottled water is easy to find and relatively cheap.

After rainfalls mosquitoes can be a bit insistant. Bring repellent or buy it when you get down. Keep the windows and door in the rooms shut so you don't have any buzzing around your ears at night. We fumigate twice a day but as in any place where the weather is nice, we have bugs.

Your villa probably has a pool in the backyard. Fences are not required by law here so keep an eye on her.

Other than that, just enjoy your vacation and get a feel of the dominican culture!

Places you can't miss: Ojos Indigenas Ecological Reserve. It's a 1.4 mile trail through the woods leading from one fresh water lagoon to another. Really beautiful and natural. Wear sneakers and a bathing suit and bring a towel along. The closest one is Yauya about 60 yards from the entrance.

The petting zoo at the Ranch is a favorite with kids. They've got ducks, goats, sheep, chicken, turkeys, a mule, a donkey and a cow. At the Ranch they offer trail rides on the beach and pony rides for the kids.

Six Senses Spa at the Club House. A MUST for those that want to get pampered!!

La Yola Restaurant. The most gorgeous spot for dinner, located in the marina and built over the water. And just to top it off, great food!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Katia

cpark10s

Jan 2, 2008
I will look forward to meeting you as well. I truly appreciate all your information. As you can probably tell, my travels outside the U.S. are few and the first traveling with a grandbaby.

Cpark10s

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
puntacana resort info

Me , the wife and the 20 month old are looking at the resort for first week of march , but have a deal just for the room. I m told it is half inclusive???, what is offered for have inclusive ??? also Is this property more family oriented or is there a younger crowd. I prefer a mix of ages and cultures. We missed out 1 year ago and went to carabella resort, and had mixed review of that property. the condition of the beach ruined it for us. Pine needles in the sand!!! Also the buffet wasnt that great. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Me , the wife and the 20 month old are looking at the resort for first week of march , but have a deal just for the room. I m told it is half inclusive???, what is offered for have inclusive ??? also Is this property more family oriented or is there a younger crowd. I prefer a mix of ages and cultures. We missed out 1 year ago and went to carabella resort, and had mixed review of that property. the condition of the beach ruined it for us. Pine needles in the sand!!! Also the buffet wasnt that great. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated

PUNTACANA Resort & Club is an EP resort, meaning that the rates are per room per night with complimentary buffet breakfast included. You have a choice of 7 a la carte restaurants to choose from throughout the resort plus the breakfast buffet. We have guests from all over the world and pretty much all ages. Families seem to enjoy the resort quite a bit since they have plenty of activities for the children and you don't have the big crowds higher density hotels might have. Don't hesitate to PM me if you require any additional information.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I will look forward to meeting you as well. I truly appreciate all your information. As you can probably tell, my travels outside the U.S. are few and the first traveling with a grandbaby.

Cpark10s

My pleasure. I'm sure you'll have a great time.