National & Drug police IN Metro CC yesterday

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Does anyone happen to know why the National & "drug" police were in Metro Country Club yesterday? There was something going on. Flashing lights, yelling, multiple vehicles with many officers inside.

Just curious...
TIA!
Paz y salud,
Chris
:bunny::bunny::bunny:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You're Not a golfer?

Does anyone happen to know why the National & "drug" police were in Metro Country Club yesterday? There was something going on. Flashing lights, yelling, multiple vehicles with many officers inside.

Just curious...
TIA!
Paz y salud,
Chris
:bunny::bunny::bunny:

It's fairly obvious that you are not a golfer. You just don't know what happens to us when we have a bad day on the golf course!
BTW-will be there on the 14th and if I have one of the days you might see the "flashing lights, yelling..." again.
JOHN

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If it happened in Villa located on calle Las Arecas # 110, corner Paseo de Las Ca?as, in Metro Country Club property of Ram?n Antonio del Rosario Puente, alias To?o Le?a who was arrested by DNCD for drug trafficking , it was on the news last month ... read more DNCD advierte no bajará la guardia contra narcotráfico ... no big deal . Could be any of your neighbors :pirate: ... you never know :paranoid:

To?o Le?a was pulled 3 weeks ago. So what was yesterday - a replay? :laugh:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Oh that's reassuring - people are paying outrageously high prices to live there and their next door neighbor might be a drug dealer. Only in the DR!
Nope - my parents do not live in the DR and they are in a similar predicament.:speechles

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My neighbor?

Oh that's reassuring - people are paying outrageously high prices to live there and their next door neighbor might be a drug dealer. Only in the DR!

Park Ave in NYC, Knob Hill San Francisco, Shaker Heights,Hollywood,Hawaii, Las Vegas etc..........afraid the problem is not limited to the DR-Not even close

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

C'mon dude, you live in a big city in America....you don't have to look far...say Manhatten?

SoFlo is notorious for big time dopers livin large. Were you around in the 1980s? Star Island, Miami Beach, Lauderdale Isles....if there was a big boat behind the house with ocean access....

The importation into the DR is greater than you want to know....an estimated 600 drug flights into the country per month, and until the government gets OFF the payroll, it will continue....this is not new, as Haiti has been a major importation point to the U.S. for years.

My concern is that the problem in the DR will grow from import/export to social use....and turf wars in the streets, like was seen in MIAMI/SoFlo in the 80's.....Miami Vice/Scarface....hate to say it, both came from the police reports of what happened in the streets during that time.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
i am surprise that the church doesnt mobilize and protest against this blatant corruption the police :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Rotten apples are everywhere

C'mon dude, you live in a big city in America....you don't have to look far...say Manhatten?

SoFlo is notorious for big time dopers livin large. Were you around in the 1980s? Star Island, Miami Beach, Lauderdale Isles....if there was a big boat behind the house with ocean access....

The importation into the DR is greater than you want to know....an estimated 600 drug flights into the country per month, and until the government gets OFF the payroll, it will continue....this is not new, as Haiti has been a major importation point to the U.S. for years.

My concern is that the problem in the DR will grow from import/export to social use....and turf wars in the streets, like was seen in MIAMI/SoFlo in the 80's.....Miami Vice/Scarface....hate to say it, both came from the police reports of what happened in the streets during that time.

Talking about governments being corrupt. The time you're talking about wasn't that the time of Bush Sr/CIA and Oliver North doing their shady drug and gun business in Panama with Noriega and all over Central America?
So yes rotten apples are everywhere but progress is being made and that's the most important thing.
Rome wasn't build in one day either

geez - I was kidding!

For everyone who commented on my post above - I was kidding! I realize it's tough to pick up on sarcasm sometimes when it's written, and not spoken, but I am in the real world, and realize that crime, corruption, etc is a world-wide problem and that it's growing all the time.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com

I knew you were kidding ... Just try to image this : :bunny: MR. Salesman will you please tell me are there any drug dealers in your Gated Community where I want to build or buy a villa ? I am paying big $$$ ...:cheeky:

gemenilaidback

Oct 22, 2003
"Bush Sr/CIA and Oliver North" and lets not forget Reagan Mr. "I dont remember anything"....oh the 80's there were drug dealers of all colors right next door and down the street feeding campaign contributions to the Republican party in the 80's in VA/DC...I lived it got so bad one of our high school principals got caught smoking crack and the funny part was the head principal owned the crack houses he was smoking in....that mysteriously burned down......oh the 80's Iran Contra...the hippocricy hearing Oliver was a hero...what a joke...

Even Motorola admitted they got their start from "beepers" (skypagers) and the drug dealer industry hell...how do you think MIA was built...a good documentary is "Cocaine Cowboys".

Man, I am getting old....I used to remember living in a middle class neighborhood and drug dealers down the streets and addicts knocking on your door saying their car broke down...I need $20...yeah right.

In other words "only in the DR" that stuff happens everywhere.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Get the goffers...golfers?

It's fairly obvious that you are not a golfer. You just don't know what happens to us when we have a bad day on the golf course!
BTW-will be there on the 14th and if I have one of the days you might see the "flashing lights, yelling..." again.
JOHN

ROFLOL...Thanks for that John. All I could think was CADDYSHACK!

So, you are probably one of the golfers who is mad at me for stopping Metro from killing the weaver birds at the first tee? I know they were a distraction (clearly more mind altering substances needed if the birds are THAT much of a prob!;)

And, no...I'm not a golfer but I do play tennis. The worst we see on the tennis courts is a temper tantrum with a racquet slammed down. I HAVE seen the golfers at the club house following one of those days you speak of though--very amusing!
paz y salud,
DrChrisHE:bunny::bunny::bunny:

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
You're not THAT old if you remember...

Well, I just turned 45 and I VIVIDLY remember all that crap...

I'm not the slightest bit shocked about Metro (and I DID grow up in NY)...There's only SO many sources that HUGE sums of $ can come from and I already KNOW who the cement, real estate, factory owners/GMs, higher paid docs/lawyers/dentists, and grocery chain owners are!

I'm just really curious. There I go driving by in my sloppy jalopy (but it runs--most, okay much of the time) to the orphanage and couldn't help but notice! It's not like they don't try and advertise when they (the drug police) are making an arrest. There were more lights on than on a Christmas tree. Metro's office must have been having a corporate heart attack because this was done in view of the hwy and where all the residents pass through.

Humm...wonder if anyone is going to try and pay me to be quiet the next time? Everyone HAS a price, right? <g> sigh...no, I'll just have an "accident" (hey, I grew up with too many relatives in the Italian Mafia.)
Paz y salud,

"Bush Sr/CIA and Oliver North" and lets not forget Reagan Mr. "I dont remember anything"....oh the 80's there were drug dealers of all colors right next door and down the street feeding campaign contributions to the Republican party in the 80's in VA/DC...I lived it got so bad one of our high school principals got caught smoking crack and the funny part was the head principal owned the crack houses he was smoking in....that mysteriously burned down......oh the 80's Iran Contra...the hippocricy hearing Oliver was a hero...what a joke...

Even Motorola admitted they got their start from "beepers" (skypagers) and the drug dealer industry hell...how do you think MIA was built...a good documentary is "Cocaine Cowboys".

Man, I am getting old....I used to remember living in a middle class neighborhood and drug dealers down the streets and addicts knocking on your door saying their car broke down...I need $20...yeah right.

In other words "only in the DR" that stuff happens everywhere.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Metro= ?Nueva Roma?

Talking about governments being corrupt. The time you're talking about wasn't that the time of Bush Sr/CIA and Oliver North doing their shady drug and gun business in Panama with Noriega and all over Central America?
So yes rotten apples are everywhere but progress is being made and that's the most important thing.
Rome wasn't build in one day either

Hey Frank...is Metro going to be the next Rome now? <j> Some of the houses are starting to look like it so it MIGHT be true! What we need is an ampitheatre somewhere... with some theatrical presentations, music, etc. Maybe an abandoned swimming pool could be a start? 'Just an idea!
Paz y salud,
p.s. I haven't forgotten your tour of JD's Public Health...just as soon as I get these darn boxes unpacked