Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: National & Drug police IN Metro CC yesterday

  1. #1
    On Probation!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question National & Drug police IN Metro CC yesterday

    Does anyone happen to know why the National & "drug" police were in Metro Country Club yesterday? There was something going on. Flashing lights, yelling, multiple vehicles with many officers inside.

    Just curious...
    TIA!
    Paz y salud,
    Chris

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default You're Not a golfer?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrChrisHE View Post
    Does anyone happen to know why the National & "drug" police were in Metro Country Club yesterday? There was something going on. Flashing lights, yelling, multiple vehicles with many officers inside.

    Just curious...
    TIA!
    Paz y salud,
    Chris
    It's fairly obvious that you are not a golfer. You just don't know what happens to us when we have a bad day on the golf course!
    BTW-will be there on the 14th and if I have one of the days you might see the "flashing lights, yelling..." again.
    JOHN

  3. #3
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unhappy

    If it happened in Villa located on calle Las Arecas # 110, corner Paseo de Las Cañas, in Metro Country Club property of Ramón Antonio del Rosario Puente, alias Toño Leña who was arrested by DNCD for drug trafficking , it was on the news last month ... read more DNCD advierte no bajará la guardia contra narcotráfico ... no big deal . Could be any of your neighbors ... you never know

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh that's reassuring - people are paying outrageously high prices to live there and their next door neighbor might be a drug dealer. Only in the DR!

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pindar View Post
    ...people are paying outrageously high prices to live there and their next door neighbor might be a drug dealer. Only in the DR!
    You Think?

    NotLurking

  6. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE G. View Post
    If it happened in Villa located on calle Las Arecas # 110, corner Paseo de Las Cañas, in Metro Country Club property of Ramón Antonio del Rosario Puente, alias Toño Leña who was arrested by DNCD for drug trafficking , it was on the news last month ... read more DNCD advierte no bajará la guardia contra narcotráfico ... no big deal . Could be any of your neighbors ... you never know
    Toño Leña was pulled 3 weeks ago. So what was yesterday - a replay?

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,078
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pindar View Post
    Oh that's reassuring - people are paying outrageously high prices to live there and their next door neighbor might be a drug dealer. Only in the DR!
    Nope - my parents do not live in the DR and they are in a similar predicament.

  8. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default My neighbor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pindar View Post
    Oh that's reassuring - people are paying outrageously high prices to live there and their next door neighbor might be a drug dealer. Only in the DR!
    Park Ave in NYC, Knob Hill San Francisco, Shaker Heights,Hollywood,Hawaii, Las Vegas etc..........afraid the problem is not limited to the DR-Not even close

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pindar View Post
    Oh that's reassuring - people are paying outrageously high prices to live there and their next door neighbor might be a drug dealer. Only in the DR!
    C'mon dude, you live in a big city in America....you don't have to look far...say Manhatten?

    SoFlo is notorious for big time dopers livin large. Were you around in the 1980s? Star Island, Miami Beach, Lauderdale Isles....if there was a big boat behind the house with ocean access....

    The importation into the DR is greater than you want to know....an estimated 600 drug flights into the country per month, and until the government gets OFF the payroll, it will continue....this is not new, as Haiti has been a major importation point to the U.S. for years.

    My concern is that the problem in the DR will grow from import/export to social use....and turf wars in the streets, like was seen in MIAMI/SoFlo in the 80's.....Miami Vice/Scarface....hate to say it, both came from the police reports of what happened in the streets during that time.

  10. #10
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i am surprise that the church doesnt mobilize and protest against this blatant corruption the police

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •