Hotel near SDQ

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I'm reposting because I wasn't specific enough in my last post and I'm a bit distracted today...

I was hoping to stay at least one to two nights in a hotel relatively close to the airport next week that is AI, any suggestions and warnings? It looks like Costal Caribe is booked or not taking reservation any idea if it's under construction?

Thanks,

K

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Thanks but it's not an AI hotel, I'm looking for more of an all inclusive...

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
if you are looking for a beach AI then you have either Boca Chica or Juan Dolio to choose from. BC aint all that and has its seedy side...but its only 10-15 mins from the airport (SDQ). Hamaca is a large and enclosed AI if thats what you are looking for.

Santo Domingo the city has no beach.

the one AI would avoid is dominican bay. I've met many people on holiday there and they all are really disapointed there.

the don juan looks less expensive than hamaca...but i have not stayed in either.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Guayacanes

I'm reposting because I wasn't specific enough in my last post and I'm a bit distracted today...

I was hoping to stay at least one to two nights in a hotel relatively close to the airport next week that is AI, any suggestions and warnings? It looks like Costal Caribe is booked or not taking reservation any idea if it's under construction?

Thanks,

K

Playa Esmeralda.

All inclusive packages, nice private beach, 12 minutes from SDQ. There have been mixed reviews on this board but I've been there (they do an all inclusive day pass for $24 which makes this a great alternative to Boca Chica beach) and I had a ball. We've been there during every season and have yet to see the place at capacity.

check it out...

http://www.hotel-playaesmeralda.com/inglese/home.php

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Playa Esmeralda.

All inclusive packages, nice private beach, 12 minutes from SDQ. There have been mixed reviews on this board but I've been there (they do an all inclusive day pass for $24 which makes this a great alternative to Boca Chica beach) and I had a ball. We've been there during every season and have yet to see the place at capacity.

check it out...

http://www.hotel-playaesmeralda.com/inglese/home.php

greydread this looks like a nice hotel. Can you tell me a little more about this place? What is included in the AI rate? I looked at the website but it really doesn't tell you much about Playa Esmeralda.

Thanks for the info..............