El Valle to Samana

nrso

Jan 9, 2008
I'll be visiting family in March - they reside in El Valle...does anyone know how long of a drive it would be to samana? (i'd rather not take the ferry)...

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
You do not need to take the ferry, they are both on the Samana peninsula. You do need a 4WD vehicle to get there. I would say it is about an hour between the two. But there is so many beautiful places to stop it could be longer ;)

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
The only El Valle I know is on the north side of the Samana Peninsula....and its a frikin goat track in there.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
10/4

You have to cross a raging river after a muddy slippery hill inorder to get to the beach. On the way back you'd better have 4wd.:surprised

nrso

Jan 9, 2008
Thanks but that's not the "El Valle" I was referring to. The "El Valle" I was referring to is a town located less than 10 miles south of Sabana del Mar - it's not on the penisula. It appears we would have to drive around "Parque Nacional Los Haitises"...Just wondering how long of a ride that would be and if it would just be better to take the ferry to Samana...

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
The ferry is about a 30 min ride to Samana from Sabana del Mar. Driving around is maybe two hours...