tropix hotel sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
Does anyone know anything about it? I am considering staying there when I come in February. Thanks for any help!

gypsytan

Oct 19, 2007
Read the Reviews

Does anyone know anything about it? I am considering staying there when I come in February. Thanks for any help!

Today I read some very good reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor.com. Apparently it is a single woman operation. Lots of praise.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
looks like a place i would take my wife/girlfriend when i get one...:laugh:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Is the place still in business? I have not heard about it for quite some time. The single woman who ran it for many years, very successfully, sold it several years ago. Since then I have heard nothing about it in Sosua or seen it mentioned on DR1. I have walked by several times and have seen no activity.

Is it still in business as a hotel?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Still there

It is still up and running and managed/owned by a woman name Deanna (sp?)
It is also for sale. A friend was looking at it 2 weeks ago but found the asking price exhorbitant. $600K.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
It's not a bad place. Small 'quaint' you might say. A bit pricey but certainly a lot cleaner than some other hotels less than $25 a night.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
It is still operational....I received an e-mail from the owner recently with prices, etc. It sounds like an affordable, comfortable, quaint option. I like small operations (quaint as some would say) and one of the travel books I bought recommended it. I'll post after I stay there with reviews.

Cheers, Rebecca

A

apostropheman

Tropix Hotel, Sosua
Home

rates $55-60 and $65-70 depending on season.
rate_chart_blk_bak_copy2-new.jpg

bmadison

Dec 26, 2007
We stayed at Tropix at the beginning of January - excellent! The rates are reasonable, breakfast awesome, and grounds beautiful. Deanna will take fantastic care of you. She really cares about her guests and goes all out to make sure you have a good time. The first day she recommended we go up to Cabarete for dinner at Casanova's. We were on our honeymoon and this was a perfect place for a romantic "welcome to the DR" dinner.

My only caution if you stay at Tropix - check out your window screens and make sure no holes for mosquito's to get in. We got bit up pretty bad one night.

ps - I'm surprised to hear Deanna is selling the hotel. She seemed pretty content in Sosua running the place.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Sale

Being for sale in the DR just means if someone comes up with the right money, it's for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.