Latest Info on Internet Service - Near Santiago

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I have used the search function and I read the boards daily, but since services are so rapidly changing, I really wanted the lastest info.

In the area just south of Santiago near the autopista / Marroit .....

- is it possible to get DSL without also getting a DR landline? Companies? Cost?

- is it possible to get Cable Modem? Companies? Cost?

Does anyone have experience using a Pocket PC as a softphone in Wi-fi areas, with services like Vonage, Broadvoice etc?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have used the search function and I read the boards daily, but since services are so rapidly changing, I really wanted the lastest info.

In the area just south of Santiago near the autopista / Marroit .....

- is it possible to get DSL without also getting a DR landline? Companies? Cost?

- is it possible to get Cable Modem? Companies? Cost?

Does anyone have experience using a Pocket PC as a softphone in Wi-fi areas, with services like Vonage, Broadvoice etc?

I believe DSL is sent throught the phone line, so you would need a landline. I think Jodetel is the only one available. You could call Tricom, but there area is limited I understand and it is not such a good value.

I don't believe we have cable modem yet here in Santiago.

Another option is satellite internet service that is available here. Expect problems when it rains a lot though.

I would do a search of these terms on DR1 as all of this stuff has been discussed recently within the last 6 months.