El Cortecito Inn?

rpcv

Mar 9, 2005
Any recent reviews of the Cortecito Inn? I am looking for a place to stay for 3 nights with my sister and our 5 kids. We like the local flair and non-all inclusive hotels. Anyone know if this is a good option? Thanks!

MrNiceGuy

Sep 12, 2004
Yes, it's a good option

This is a great little place for about $50 US per night. People are good, service is good, it's clean and has a buffet breakfast included. Also has wireless internet available in the lobby. Good area to get around town. They also have their own restaurant which personally I ate there pretty much every night for about $20-30 US per couple. Great food.

As long as you are not expecting US 5 star hotel or compare to the All-inclusive resorts this place is great.

Cortecito Inn:809-552-0780 or 809-552-0640

bmadison

Dec 26, 2007
You couldn't pay me to stay in Cortecito. The constant, relentless barage of sales pitches and scams is overwhelming. As you walk down the block every single shop keeper will hassle you. I can't imagine dealing with that every time I walked out my hotel. We wanted to use the ATM in town and decided against it because some guy in front of us was feeding a huge stack of cards in and out of it, doing god knows what. That town has a bad vibe.

In two weeks of traveling around the DR through towns large and small we encountered various forms of scamming and fraud, but Cortecito took the cake. I think the proximity to so many AI's allows these guys to be real aggressive with tourists who don't know any better. Beware!

Last edited:

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
I myself have not stayed there but passed by this area daily last year for a month while we vacationed in an apartment not too far away. I met some people who stayed there and they had no problems and said it was good. People have to remember you get what you pay for - and as long as service and cleanliness is adequate you would get your money's worth here.

As far as the restaurant here - I ate there about 4-5 times most weeks and the food was good and very well priced. Excellent service also.

I had no problems walking thru the street and we were 2 single girls.

It's a place i'd recommend if someone is looking for a non-inclusive.

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
I myself have not stayed there but passed by this area daily last year for a month while we vacationed in an apartment not too far away. I met some people who stayed there and they had no problems and said it was good. People have to remember you get what you pay for - and as long as service and cleanliness is adequate you would get your money's worth here.

As far as the restaurant here - I ate there about 4-5 times most weeks and the food was good and very well priced. Excellent service also.

I had no problems walking thru the street and we were 2 single girls.

It's a place i'd recommend if someone is looking for a non-inclusive.

Bluenose- are you able to provide some information on the apartment that you stayed at? I too am looking for a non- AI for 2 weeks and would love some recommendations. If you are not able to post it here ( unsure how things work) please PM me. Thank you.

Feb 7, 2007
We wanted to use the ATM in town and decided against it because some guy in front of us was feeding a huge stack of cards in and out of it, doing god knows what.

Don't worry about it!!!! AT ALL!! It was a local "prestamista" - money lender. Here you guarantee your small loan by your ATM card where your salary is deposited. n It was probably around the 15th or 30th of the month, when thee hotel employees were being paid. Prestamistas go on to get their 10% by-weekly interest recouped at the ATMs. I usually avoid ATMs arounb that time period (huge wait times also thanks to these prestamistas) though the common courtesy is 3 transactions max per person at a time. If not, I don't hesitate to raise my voice up. Then go back to teh end of queue. But NOTHING to worry about the integrity of the ATM machine. So next time you see somebody witha stack of ATM cards in front of you, he is not doing illegal things - just getting his 10% by-weekly interest cut, to help pay for a new jeepeta. I think you can only dream about this kind of money your getting earned every week on interest, legally, and guaranteed by the debtor's salary. Is that what you are envious about?

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
el cortecito in not unsafe at all!yes some dodgy people like everywhere
i stayed at the el cortecito inn twice till i choose to rent and yes is not the luxe of a 4* but is typical and budget wise very good!
the breakfast is very poor but you got a supermarket next door and you can buy some food to make it more bearable!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
exactly Dalila,
vendors are like everywhere, and if somebody stays there for a while after 2 days they know you and do not bother at all.
in cae of savety you can spend there hanging out all night long without a problem.
agree on the included breakfast, not a big deal, yeap, but hey on rates like $60.- per room we are talking about lowest motel rates 30 meters from the ocean front.
have fun
Mike

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Good Deal

I am staying as I write in the Cortecito Inn.

Nothing but good things to say.

Thanks Mike Fisher for recommending.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i live in Cabeza de Toro,
but i have one of my offices in El Cortecito,
iam there many times per week.
Bronx, have a great time,
they have wireless there to use for your laptop,
in case it doesn't work(like sorrily often) leave the hotel, on the street turn left and cross the street at the corner, 15 meters straight on then you will see on your left a little bar named Crazy Gator(where the green presidente umbrellas are out), that's a little admin office of mine, i have free wireless there, no password needed, just sit down, have a cold one ($2.- or 60.- pesos) and enjoy your stay.
we close the bar around 6:30/7PM, open early in the morning.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i don't know if Santa Maria del Mar have wifi,
but it's anyways close to el cortecito.
between your app and el cortecito (out on the main road) is a littl restaurant run by a german named 'Hans', they also have wifi.
damn, just don't remember the places name, it is right on the streetfront at a little plaza with a lot of signs of Trust Realty on, between the hotels barcelo dominican beach and the Carabela Beach Resort, on the other side of the street.
Mike