Where is El Toro

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
I am trying to find out where El Toro is and also, how to best get from El Toro to Samana.

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
No, the town of El Toro. I recently read an article (many of them) about the Pittsburgh Pirates building a new baseball training facility there.

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
OK, here is what I have found on Google. Since I haven't made it to the DR yet and I have very little knowledge of the country, I am still at a lose for where, exactly, it is located. Even with the map that I found on this site, it doesn't tell me much.
And, once I find out where it is, I would like to be able to find out some info about the area. I can't believe that I can't find anything more on Google.

El Toro (Peravia, Dominican Republic)

El Toro is a populated place in Peravia, which is a region of Dominican Republic. An overview map of the region around El Toro is displayed below.
Search for hotels in or around El Toro
regional and 3d topo map of El Toro, Dominican Republic ::
airports close to El Toro, Dominican Republic ::
The closest airport is BRX - Barahona Maria Montez Intl, located 77.6 km west of El Toro. More nearby airports include SDQ - Santo Domingo Las Americas Intl 81.1 km east, STI - Santiago Cibao Intl 101.9 km north, POP - Puerto Plata Gregorio Luperon Intl 140.0 km north, LRM - La Romana Casa De Campo Intl 160.8 km east,
places near El Toro, Dominican Republic ::
// 0.0km to Monte Grande // 1.8km to El Camar?n // 1.9km to Los Anones // 1.9km to Los Arroyos // 1.9km to Los Limoncillos // 2.6km to El Manielito // 2.6km to El Pinar Grande // 2.6km to La Ca?ita // 2.6km to Manaclar // 3.5km to Juan Grande // 3.7km to La Pringamosa // 4.1km to La Higuerita // 4.1km to La Nuez // 4.1km to Los Pe?as // 4.0km to El Cocuyo // 4.0km to Hoyo Nuevo // 4.0km to La Cabilma // 4.0km to La Jina // 4.1km to La Manacla // 4.1km to La Palma // 4.1km to Los Mart?nez // 5.1km to Ca?ada Mala // 5.1km to Los Naranjos // 5.1km to El Sill?n // 5.3km to El Mogote // 5.3km to El Jengibre // 5.3km to Los Limones // 5.6km to Derrumbado // 5.6km to La Cruz de Santana [all distances 'as the bird flies' and approximate][/COLOR]

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Here are pix of 3 El Toro's in the country.
If you want the whole map, PM me your email address.

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
I think that I will have to call the Pittsburgh Pirates office on Monday and see what info I can find out. There are so many choices here - I am just lost.
A couple of the management team are interested in property that a friend of mine is developing on the Samana Penincula, and I can't seem to help them with the questions that they are asking about location and the available transportation to and from.
I will get more from them before I get more frustrated looking for info. Thanks for all the help.

cuas

May 29, 2006
Peravia is BANI, not the capital.
There is a EL TORO in the parte oriental of SD close to SDQ.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
El Toro (southeast)

A report about the Pirates baseball academy in the Dominican Today website refers to El Toro as "El Toro (southeast)" which leads this one to believe the site is near Boca Chica and San Pedro de Macoris, as it is the El Toro in the country's southeast. Rocky's map indicates El Toro is next to highway 4, halfway between San Pedro and the Capital.

Good research Rocky, helped narrow down the location.

Regards,
PJT

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks Rocky for finding the map. I will let you know on Monday, after I talk to the Pirates people, what the final scoop is from them. But, I feel confident that you found the correct one.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Rocky for finding the map. I will let you know on Monday, after I talk to the Pirates people, what the final scoop is from them. But, I feel confident that you found the correct one.
And as I mentioned, you can PM me your email address if you would like to have that interactive map of the DR.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Did you ever determine the location?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I think I remember reading this thread back then.

I miss el Toro Steak House. And Pluto's Bar.