Blue Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Blue Bay resort in Puerto Plata if so any info would be great I heard when the previous owners had it the food wasnt very good does anyone know how it is now? Thanks in advance.

Kiboko

Dec 26, 2006
Thumbs up

We've stayed there a couple of weekends and loved it. The refurbishments have been done very nicely, and the service from the staff is great. It's adults-only, and very quiet and laid-back. If you are looking to party, this is not the place for you. It's a small resort, so the buffet is also small with not as much choice as other larger resorts, but everything on offer was very tasty when we were there. We didn't eat at any of the a la carte restaurants, so I can comment on those. The only complaints I could make are that the pillows are the most lumpy, uncomfortable ones I've ever found in a hotel room, and a lot of the rooms don't have balconies, but that's certainly nothing to spoil a stay.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
We stayed there last April . Overall it's good value for the money. I don't like the Playa Dorada complex but the resort itself is fine. I would say the food was close to 4* quality.
I agree with the previous post that the buffet is small and therefore limited. We really enjoyed the Al A Carte down by the beach . The steak was great and I don't think I have ever said that about a Dominican steak (especially at a AI) .
The facilities are older and have been remodeled recently. Closer to a 3* - 3.5* than the 4* that many tour operators advertise it at.
It is nice to not have screaming children while relaxing poolside.

Status
Not open for further replies.