Missing dog - 5000.- peso reward for safe return

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
My dog is missing, please call if you see her!

She was last seen between Cabarete and Sosua at the weekend of the 6. January.

Photo of the missing dog
l_ffaf6e1b8e29b1a7307681ddd401cc35.jpg

My dog Mausy is a medium to small size female Dominican mix, brown - black with a little white on the chest and big ears (see photo). She was wearing a red colar with white flower print, but may be someone took her colar off in the meantime or put a new one on her...

Mausy is very friendly and loves kids, she goes with pretty much everyone if there is food involved... so, she would be easy to catch. If you see her, please call me or bring her to Dr. Bob. His clinic is located behind the Coastal gas station between Cabarete and Sosua. And if you see her with someone that adopted her, please inform them that she has a Mum that misses her terribly...

Thank you for your help!

My phone: 809 202 39 49
Dr. Bob 809 430 55 03

Here an other photo of Mausy
http://a565.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/78/l_7fc50bc190ed90fcce44d2c7fac4bcdc.jpg

Caz

May 15, 2004
She is nice and distinctive - we will be looking out for her. Good luck!!!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
You oght'a print some of these pictures and hand it out to some of the dvd and peanut selling kids on the beaches... if you haven't done so yet. For 5000 Pesos they will do a lot of looking out for you.

... J-D.

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Thanks for the tip J D Sauser, I haven't thought about the peanut kids yet, that's a good idea! It's just a bit difficult because I'm currently out of the country and most of my friends too. Some people already posted flyers in the Cabarete area for me, I will ask them to talk with the peanut kids too.

And in case anyone here has time and would like to help, I would apreciate it a lot, if you would post my flyer and hand it out to Motogoncho guys, peanut kids, etc. Especially in the area from kitebeach to Sosua.

I have the flyer ready with text in Spanish, English and German and photo. So, if anyone would like to help, please let me know where to send the flyer.

Thanks to you all who keep an eye out for my dog!

J

John Evans

perhaps shes been taken to judys pet lodge if someone found her

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sorry to hear about your lost dog and I, and my doggies, will keep an eye out for Mausy here in Playa Chiquita.

A few of quick questions... Where was she last seen? (Lots of miles between Cabarete (Kitebeach) and Sousa with a lot of developed areas.) Who saw her last and under what situation/area? Why wait 7 days, you post that you and your friends are out of the Country, before posting on DR1? Why do you post that her "colar" may have been taken off... and replaced?

Sorry to ask, but better info could be help.

Anyway... I will let others in my area know and hope that she is found soon.

Regards, Ringo

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Judy and Dr. Bob are informed

Unfortunately not (yet), but Judy and Dr. Bob are informed and know my dog very well. They would let me know if someone brings Mausy in. But thanks for the succestion, I had the same idea, that's why I wrote, if someone finds her, they can bring her to Bob.

newyorkcityboy

Feb 2, 2007
I Dont Want To Bring A Negative Vibe But I Have Heard That In Boca Chica A Dog Out In The Street Bit A Little Boy And The Boy Died Of Rabies Infection Know I Beleive That The Goverment Is Taking Action And Also The People In That Town Is Killing All Dogs That Are In The Street Without Owners. I Hope That As Not Hapend Were You Live.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Unfortunately not (yet), but Judy and Dr. Bob are informed and know my dog very well. They would let me know if someone brings Mausy in. But thanks for the succestion, I had the same idea, that's why I wrote, if someone finds her, they can bring her to Bob.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am assuming that Mausy is not a dog of great value although of course she is to you.... it was also mentioned that she is friendly and affectionate and for titbits of food will probably go with any kind soul. Although you say she was wearing her collar, it coud have come off perhaps in a game or something and someone has seen her and mistakenly thought she is in need of love and attention and just taken her home.... maybe even a tourist who is staying in the area nearby to the beach you mention and they would not be reading DR1 while on holiday and will probably soon be leaving DR. I have a good feeling for you Contenta that someone will know someone who has just acquired a new "stray" dog and you will both be reunited very soon with any luck. If my theory is correct and she is with a tourist then hopefully when they leave the area they will do the right thing and take her to Judy's or Dr. Bob's anyway. I wish you luck and if I can help in any way, please let me know.

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
The answers to Ringos questions:

My dog was last seen at the Coastal gas station between Sosua and Cabarete. May be someone took her there or she jumped in a car, since Mausy is not shy at all, and goes with pretty much everyone, especially if food is involved...

I write that the collar may be has been taken off, (and replaced) because if we put collars on beachdogs their always taken off very quick. And if a dog once escapes, it usually comes back without a collar in the DR... And in case someone found Mausy and adopted her, they put may be a new colar on her.

I didnt posted something earlier here, because I got informed on Thursday evening, that my dog is missing and in the last two days I was busy (besides work) with sending messages out by email and facebook and calling people to inform them Mausy is missing. And I created a flyer, that some friends (not all are out of the country luckily) already posted in Cabarete.

I contacted yesterday also an animal communicator that talks telepathically with animals. She said, Mausy tells her that she's at the beach now. She said, if she looks at the ocean, she walked to the right. Then she described a location, that looks like the little beach bar before Encuentro (if you walk from Sosua to Cabarete). And then she came to a bay with surfers that paddle out and surf in on boards only (Encuentro I guess) and after that she came to a beach with surfers that use something weird, the animal communicator did not know what it is, she said it looks not like a sail but more like a parachute. Yep, we have those at kitebeach.... And Mausy showed her that she's walkin up and down along the beach, between these locations.

Oh, and btw. the animal communicator only knew that my dog is in the DR, I did not tell her where or how it looks there.

Hope these info help, thanks everyone for keeping an eye out for my doggie

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Yes that's a very possible scenario Whirleybird. That's why some friends where so kind to post flyers in Cabarete, for all the ones, that don't read DR1 and may be "adopted" Mausy.

If you would like to help, I would be very thanksful, if someone would post some flyers in the Sosua and Perla Marina area. I could email you the flyer ready for print.

Because Mausy goes not only with every Tourist and "Gringo" she also makes friends with pretty much every Dominican or Haitian person within minutes. Even the ones that have been terrified of dogs 10 minutes before, are best friends with Mausy, don't ask me how she does that... That's why I put money out as reward, because I think for no one else than me, Mausy -a Dominican viralata- is worth more than 5000.- Peso.

Thank you all for the help!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Yes that's a very possible scenario Whirleybird. That's why some friends where so kind to post flyers in Cabarete, for all the ones, that don't read DR1 and may be "adopted" Mausy.

If you would like to help, I would be very thanksful, if someone would post some flyers in the Sosua and Perla Marina area. I could email you the flyer ready for print.

Because Mausy goes not only with every Tourist and "Gringo" she also makes friends with pretty much every Dominican or Haitian person within minutes. Even the ones that have been terrified of dogs 10 minutes before, are best friends with Mausy, don't ask me how she does that... That's why I put money out as reward, because I think for no one else than me, Mausy -a Dominican viralata- is worth more than 5000.- Peso.

Thank you all for the help!

I have the flyer as Judy emailed it to me earlier. I have printed some copies and will take them down to Sosua and Perla Marina area tomorrow. Let's hope that between us all we can find Mausy fit and well..... then we can tell her off for being a wanderer!!!!

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
whhoooaa

" An animal communicator that talks telepathically with animals."

My guess is that this would be the toughest gig in the DR.

Personally I'd go with JDs aproach

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Contenta,

I think that we all wish you luck in finding Mausy and will be on the watch for her.

But; WHO and/or why was the person at the Coastal gas station that last saw her, it was not you since you were not informed until Thursday PM; so... someone else was taking your dog out for a ride? Did she jump out of the car OR did .... someone open the door and take her? Was the person getting gas or shopping? This is a very busy place and someone would have seen something? Coastal is not near Kitebeach. I have not read or heard from others concerning other people taking off collars and putting new ones on "beach dogs". Please direct me to those DR1 threads or other information that reports this so that I can learn.. (being that I own two...or they own me... two beach dogs.) Sorry to add; that if Mausy goes with every tourest and gringo and Dominican and Haitian with food, then maybe she is OK.

Wishing you luck, Ringo

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Thank you so much Whirleybird! That's a big help! Good bless you! I know that Mausy is well and we'll find her sooner or later.

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
@ Ringo, I'm not sure if answering all your questions will help to find my dog... Anyways, yes it was not me that saw her at the gas station, because I'm currently not in the DR. I guess my dog was walking to the gas station since she was staying in that area. She was just seen hanging around there. Probably begging for food (what she always does even though she's definitely not starving) in the restaurant.

I don't know if she was jumping in a car, and if that person was getting gas or was shopping there or both. I just can imagine, that someone took her in the car or she jumped in because she didnt return. And if she would like to run away, she could have done that already in the past, but never did, since she always returned after a little while.

I have no clue, if it ever was a topic on DR1 that collars are taken off beachdogs. But there is a world outside of DR1 ;) And in that world, particularly on the beaches in and around Cabarete I volunteered in the last years to fix and find homes for (homeless) beachdogs. We put collars on the dogs, since there where IN THE PAST rumours, that dogs without collars "get removed". So we put collars on the (homeless) beachdogs and those collars where always taken away very quick again. And several of those collars I saw later again on dogs of Dominican families... and since I brought the collars from Switzerland they where easy to recognice...

I said may be someone put a new collar on her, because I can imagine also the scenario that whirleybird described very well. That my dog lost the collar or someone took it off and then someone else, may be tourists see her and think she's a homeless dog, and then feed her and or take Mausy home and put a new collar on her.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Any news of Mausy today? I handed out some flyers and a couple of people have seen her by the sound of it but not for the past week or so.... also saw Dr. Bob today as took 2 of our dogs in to be spayed. Will keep asking and putting her photo about but am more convinced than ever that some 'kind soul' has probably taken her in as she was wandering....

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
Mausy was seen in Calle John in Cabarete

Thank you so much for your efforts whirleybird! Yesterday someone called me that saw Mausy in Calle John de la Loma in Cabarete. He saw her there two days ago, but just saw yesterday the flyer, so by the time he saw my dog, he didnt know that she's missing. And since we used to live in Calle John, it's very possible that she went there now...

So if anyone is in that area, please keep an eye out for a little dog with big ears, that is extremly friendly and will run up to you if you call her name - Mausy!

Thank you all for keeping an eye out for my doggie, I wish I could beam me back to the DR right now...