Dominican wanting to move to LA

Sofia2008

Jan 14, 2008
I am Dominican, and I've been wanting to move to LA, San Diego, or San Jose, but was afraid to, because I did not know anyone there and I was afraid there aren't any Dominicans there. I like Mexicans, but I would prefer to hang out with Dominicans because they are much fun to be around with. Hey! I'm Dominican too! Like you said, nothing beats Salchichon and Presidente.

Dominican wanting to move to CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to move to LA, San Diego, or San Jose area. Are there any Dominicans that can contact me to 773-588-5372 please! Buena Gente only.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Not safe

Just a tip... It is not safe to put your personal information online.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Going by the members name she has plastered her telephone number in other threads too.....not very smart.....unless she is a professional.:cheeky:

being a tad bad tonight

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Okay Sofia 2008 here it goes...

This is what most serious DR1 posters would tell you if you were planning on moving to the DR, just apply it to California: make a few trips here before you decide to move permanently; do all the touristy things you would do while on vacation anywhere else-quick trip to Rosarito Beach and Tijuana; San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park;San Diego Seaworld; Temecula Wine Tasting tour in a "Limo" and hot air balloon ride; Long Beach Aquarium of The Pacific and The Queen Mary; Hollywood Park and the Watts Towers;Knotts Berry Farm; Disneyland and California Adventure; Rodeo Drive and The Miracle Mile; do a one day trip to Las Vegas; visit Six Flaggs Magic Mountain; Pismo Beach and the Hearst Castle; Yosemite National Park(do the 17 mile Half-Dome hike and Glacier Point hike); Sequoia National Park; Golden Gate Bridge;ride the trolley cars; visit the Castro District(for alternative lifestyles); Sausalito; wine tasting tour of the Napa Valley. I could go on and on but you get my drift. Most importantly, don't depend on your "compatriotas" to succeed here and lastly..."rent don't buy." PM me if you need additional information about the area; I've lived here since 1976 and travel extensively throughout the west coast and neighboring states. Good luck in whatever you decide.

dominicangirl19

Nov 8, 2007
hiii girl im living here in los angeles no presidente no salchichon no chimichurris es aburrido mana aqui solo bueno for vacations y nada mas te recomiendo estar en ny es lo mejor.............pero suerte como te llamas y donde vives me dejas tu e mail te escribo si quieres

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Dominicans in L.A.

hiii girl im living here in los angeles no presidente no salchichon no chimichurris es aburrido mana aqui solo bueno for vacations y nada mas te recomiendo estar en ny es lo mejor.............pero suerte como te llamas y donde vives me dejas tu e mail te escribo si quieres

No there isn't salchichon, Presidentes or chimis here in L.A.; but there are plenty of Dominicans including me. I have been reading all of the latest posts and the only reason why I haven't answer is because it's very clear many people aren't doing their homework and searching throught this helpfull website named DR1.

If you guys go back and read this thread from the beginning you will find answers to many of your questions. I must tell you that there are some Dominicans events coming up here in L.A. during the months of February and March; Monchy & Alexandra,El Jeffrey, etc.

Feel free to send me a message if you will like a copy of the flyers for this events.

My 2 cents

Perlanegra