Current Boca Chica Status

Ruben

Aug 19, 2007
Would appreciate any current information about BC hotels, beach, food and nightlife.

Thank you
Ruben

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
well..i still manage to enjoy myself there. Candil and Costalunga are 2 good bets for hotels. Fernandos and the place at playa bonita have decent food (if you are on a budget..the chinese place has great fried chicked for 40 pesos...and there is a new pica pollo as well)

THere are better beaches near by if you get tired of the vendors in BC (but in my experience they pretty much leave you alone after a couple of days).

If you are looking for REAL night life (and not just working girls) then you will have to go to the Capital. (but there are some nice "patios" in Andreas and a nice disco there as well....but you need to speak the language and have somoene to show you around if you are a newbie).

BC might be sorta a dive...but it is FUN. THe chicas and chicos are there (if that is what you are into)....and there are many places to check out and explore if you are into non-sexual adventures.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
additionally, go out and walk the town away from the beach. you will meet some very nice people and they love to talk about anything...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...........i still manage to enjoy myself there...........If you are looking for REAL night life.........then you will have to go to the Capital...........BC might be sorta a dive...but it is FUN...............

I agree, and the Capital is a great place for a day trip. Boca Chica is what you make it.

momma

Jan 11, 2008
my boyfriend and i (in our 60's) are looking for a safe, decent, can be on the funky side, don't need air conditioning, place in either boca chica or juan dolio for a night or two next week. anywhere from $40 up would work for us. any tips? thank you