Meeting quality women....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HurricanLorenzo

Jan 11, 2008
Hello gents,
I have been to the DR 3 times (Boca Chica, Santo Domingo)...and I am planning on making it there at least 5 times this year. what I want to know is....WHERE are the spots in Santo Domingo that I can go to meet nice women ages 25-33? I am 33 y.o. and looking to meet some sincere, nice ladies. Alot of the girls I met when there before were "working".
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. Has anyone stayed at the Candil lately? How is it now that it is under new mgmt? I enjoyed my stay there a few years back.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Stay some place else.
Visit the upper class bars of Santo Domingo or La Romana.
Do not "try" and meet people too aggressively.
Be nice.

HB

HurricanLorenzo

Jan 11, 2008
Thanks. when I was in Santo Domingo, I was at the Hilton Malecon center..that was nice! Do you know of the name of any upper class bars in SD?
L

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I am assuming that you went to these places without knowing what was in store for you in terms of meeting chicas, because no one in their right mind would head to Boca Chica expecting to find anything else but working girls.

So I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. What you would need to do is meet up with some of the expats here on DR1 and they can help you meet the type of chicas you would like to meet(they know where all the good hang-out spots are), with a few caveats.

Don't expect these chicas to fall over themselves because you are a tourist. This may come as a surprise to you but some of these chicas live better than you and are not desperate to leave the island. Economically they are doing just fine right where they are.

Don't try to impress anyone by acting like Mr. Moneybags-ordering expensive drinks and such just because you can. You will be sending the type of message that will not endear you to anyone but hookers.

If you want to meet quality chicas, it is all up to how you carry yourself and of course how well you can communicate in spanish.

Buena suerte and hope this helps.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Well if you want to hang out in some upper class bars in the city of Santo Domingo you can try places in Avenida Lincon, try places like Praa, Trio, The Loft or the Red Room on these places you can find more of the upper class Dominican females that well educated and are NOT desperate to find a turist to pay for their beer and dinner, most of these girls are professionals, have US or Eropean visas, dress well and can carry a good conversation.

Buena suerte

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
PLEASE DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH THE FIRST GIRL YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH. I can't believe so many foreigners fall in love with the first girl who gives them time of the day and then treat her like she is the only girl left on earth for him. They treat their women like goddesses and worship them. This is movie romance and doesn't work here in DR. Women will think you are desperate to be so impressed by a regular barrio girl. She will lose respect for you. Whenever you ask a dominican to go somewhere, he simply drags his girlfriend and we are on the go. Now if you invite a gringo to somewhere, he first turns around and asks his dominican girlfriend for permission. wow, this happens all the time. example: John, what are we doing tonight"
john: don't know, let me ask maria.... honey, what are we doing tonight?
Uffff, I hate this sissy behavior.
So please, date and enjoy a good time with girls here but do not fall in love with the first one. Just wait, there are many better ones.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Antes que.....

What you would need to do is meet up with some of the expats here on DR1 and they can help you meet the type of chicas you would like to meet(they know where all the good hang-out spots are), with a few caveats.
BEFORE AZB reads this statement, let me be the first one to say:

WHAT WERE YOU SMOKING WHEN YOU WROTE THAT STATEMENT?....Please send SOME my way....I have been so down lately that I would try ANYTHING...Wahahahaha!.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

WHAT WERE YOU SMOKING WHEN YOU WROTE THAT STATEMENT?....Please send SOME my way....I have been so down lately that I would try ANYTHING...Wahahahaha!.

Even I picked up on that one. LOL. BTW Miguel, don't smoke it all. Save me some.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
You could always try going to Church!

Ok seriously,

Dock on Churchill is good everyday of the week. Good clientele, not too many kids, it's mainly 25+, no working girls.

Loft is good, older crowd, open bar wed and sun. House and Techno on Fri and Sat, nice women, no working girls. A bit of a pretentious crowd, but their inhibitions drop with the open bar.

Trio and Montecristo, there are nice women there, but you have to watch for the working girls as they are more discreet, and at first glance don't look the part. Rule of thumb, if they are too eager to talk to you, or ask you to buy them a drink, you should get some warning signals - however it is important to note that not all girls there are working, just some, so you don't want to insult anyone with an assumption.

Tao (on lincoln) - upper class, but young and pretentious - the one place I haven't had much luck getting numbers. But again, no working girls.

Retro (accross from Tao) more relaxed, nice crowd.

Redroom: full of kids, probably not what you are looking for

Praia: Upper class, but pretentious, and also quite a few kids.

Places in the zona colonial tend to be tourist or kid focused. But there are a couple of places that are alright. Doubles at night, and Segafredo for happy hour 5pm - 8pm.

Jet Set - chopos with money. Some nice girls, some working girls, some scammers.

Hmmm, what else? There is a plaza on churchill, where they have a couple of bars, a Drinks to go liquol estol, where people congregate, Thur-Sat. It could be alright.

I'm sure there's a few other places to meet quality women, but these should be good for starters. Maybe someone else can mention the places on Ave. Venezuela, I don't have experience with them. As mentioned don't go for the first girl that pays any attention to you, if it seems to good to be true, or are too eager, there might be an alterior motive for them wanting to be with you, but that's not to say that you can't meet a good woman right off the bat. My favorite of them all is Dock.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

I should of been more specific. If the OP would meet up with someone like AZB, who has lived in Santiago for many years and knows a lot about the dating scene there, he will definitely have better luck meeting the type of chicas he is looking for.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Maybe someone else can mention the places on Ave. Venezuela, I don't have experience with them. As mentioned don't go for the first girl that pays any attention to you, if it seems to good to be true, or are too eager, there might be an alterior motive for them wanting to be with you, but that's not to say that you can't meet a good woman right off the bat. My favorite of them all is Dock.

The only place I have any experience of is "House Drink" which is really close to the movie theater on Ave. Venezuela. Much cheaper than some of the places on the side of the river and lots of "very easy" eye candy!

newkidotb

Jan 17, 2008
Marriott Courtyard on Maximo Gomez - Nightlife and Activities

In the next few months, I and (3) other men age ranged 30-40 will visit Santo Domingo for the very first time.:cheeky: We will probably stay at the Marriott on Maximo Gomez. Much of what we're interested in was answered in the "MEETING QUALITY WOMEN" thread. Thanks "TO ALL" :cool:who responded to that THREAD, I learned "A LOT" reading that (PLEASE CONTINUE TO RESPOND).The "Meeting Quality Women" thread hit home because we are all SINGLE gentlemen that "would not mind" meeting such "Quality Ladies. However, it's all about location...location...location....

What's near the Marriott Courtyard on Maximo Gomez and is that a GOOD place to stay?

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I hear that the woman from "aquel lado" are more approachable. I've also heard from my dominican friends that there are a lot of "he-shes" on that side, any truth to this? Because of if there is, it would be good for some people to know - in case they've got their beer goggles on. ehehe

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I should of been more specific. If the OP would meet up with someone like AZB, who has lived in Santiago for many years and knows a lot about the dating scene there, he will definitely have better luck meeting the type of chicas he is looking for.

The quality of young ladies he would like to meet are NOT known, nor normally referred to as chicas.

Status
Not open for further replies.