Long Term Rental in Cabarete

drhopefuljww

Jan 13, 2008
Hello to all!
This is my first post on DR1. I have found information on this site very useful and informative. I have traveled throughout the Dominican Republic and have pretty much fallen in love with the people, culture, and way of life. Because of this, I have decided to make Cabarete my home.

I have a few potential jobs that are lined up, and once my employment is finalized, I will begin the actual moving process. Obviously I'm going to need a place to live. From what I have seen online, searching for a rental as a permanent residence is somewhat difficult. Can someone give me an idea of what I should expect to pay RD$ for a small place to live? I'm not looking for anything fancy or flashy. It doesn't have to be right on the beach. I'm just looking for something that has water, electricity, a kitchen, enough room to be comfortable, and not in a terrible area (meaning not a lot of crime).

Also, besides looking online, can anyone point out any other avenues of finding available places?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
JW

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I have a friend in Cabarete with a house but with a separate apartment to rent, are you looking for one on a permanent basis or long term 6-12 months basis? and before I pass your info on, is it just for yourself? you can pm me if you wish.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Are you the chef that sent me an e-mail JW?? I believe rentals in the Cabarete area are reafily available once you know where to look. Get a flight, take a temporary room for 3 or 4 days & GO FIND A PLACE YOU LIKE (at a price you can afford of course!!).

Good Luck & Welcome to DR1 ~ Grahame.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Depending on what you want you can get a place easily for $650US and up. Firnished with A/C. There are cheaper places but you get what you pay for here. As suggested come down and look for yourself. Long term is usually considered 6 months. You may want to try to get a shorter lease till you find out what you really want.

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
My best bet, go to Windchime. Cheaper then 650$ specially for long term and you're right in town. Got all you need, nothing fancy. Even laundromat and internet. 809-571-0094. Marc (Canadian) manages most of the condos.

drhopefuljww

Jan 13, 2008
Sorry Bush, I'm definitely not a chef. I do appreciate the input from everyone so far. I think I'll come down and stay for a few days and see what is available.