Online library info?

LoiS-sez

Jan 17, 2008
LoiS-sez.com
As a former librarian, I'm used to finding all manner of things in libraries, including online. In reading some things today (I'm a newbie) I noted that some information I definitely could use may be found in the Yellow Pages. I'm used to using some online directories like that here in the U.S. Is there a DR online equivalent that would let me search a category? I'm specifically seeking the Puerto Plata area. Also is there a website or websites for any libraries in the Puerto Plata area?
Thanks. I'm delighted to find the DR1 forums. I've found things today that I never could have learned otherwise -- & I definitely tried before this.

LoiS-sez

Jan 17, 2008
LoiS-sez.com
Muchas gracias, Rubio!
Do you or anybody else know of any DR libraries online? My main interest is the Puerto Plata area, but I'd be interested in all DR. Thanks again.

LoiS-sez

Jan 17, 2008
LoiS-sez.com
Thank you, Jan.
The 1st reminds me of my 1st visit to DR. I wanted to visit the bookstores & set up a taxi to visit. The question kept coming up "You want to visit a libreria?" Call it brain drain or whatever, because I certainly knew biblioteca meant library (I even have a dragon puppet I call Biblioteca Dragon, or Bib for short as it's a baby dragon), but I kept saying "No, I work in a library, but I want to go to a Book Store." Eventually the connection between "libro" & "book" finally got through even to me. Talk about feeling dumb!
These are indeed appreciated. Someday I'd love to visit Biblioteca Nacional. I'll prowl their catalog online in the meantime to see what DR folklore is there in the meantime. Possibly some of the same titles can be found through interlibrary loans.
I just checked Paginas Amarillas/Yellow Pages & it looks as if there's not even a phone listing for any libraries other than those that are connected with schools & colleges or the Bib. Nacional. (Time for a 2d email question.)