Restaurant Enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Reina

Aug 29, 2006
I'm visiting for a week from 26 Jan and would like to take my friends out to dinner. Can anyone recomend a good restaurant Sosua/Puerta Plata area. Not a fish restaurant due to allergies. Thanx.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm visiting for a week from 26 Jan and would like to take my friends out to dinner. Can anyone recomend a good restaurant Sosua/Puerta Plata area. Not a fish restaurant due to allergies. Thanx.
Could you narrow it done to either Puerto Plata or Sosua?
There are so many good ones in both places.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go to Rocky's on Dr. Rosen in Sosua!!! Best ribs and garlic chicken in the Western Hemisphere!!

HB

PS: Beer ain't bad neither..

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I really enjoy Cariatides in Puerto Plata. This Italian and International Cuisine is extremely good, service is also very good. 809.320.1410. If you are coming from Sosua to Puerto Plata it will be on your left side just after you pass Costa Darado which is on your right side. Not sure of the exact hours but they are open every day and close at 11PM.

La Reina

Aug 29, 2006
Many thanx everyone. I will check them all out, especially Rocky's as I'm gonna be based in sosua so it should be easy to find.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in POP: nataly and stefani is great, try their beef in mushroom sauce. also laparillada is fantastic but the location is not for everyone - close to busy road.

CANUCK2

May 24, 2002
Best Restaurant

Although I completely agree with what was said about Nataly and Stefani in las Rocas between Costambar and Cofresi (try the Canneloni!) there is another little gem in the same place...Tres Cocos....around the corner ....a small restaurant which you can't always get into without reservations but is worth every bit of effort....we've lived here for over 20 years and eat out in this area regularly ...this is top-notch food!
And of course, there's Sole Mio in Costambar for excellent pizzas and other fare....and just past Las Rocas between Puerto Plata and Cofresi ...on the opposite side of Las Rocas, is Los Dos....also consistently good food...under new management but same great cook.
Buen apetitio!!:cheeky:

no1barowner

Oct 29, 2007
Been to a new place Called Pedro Mc'Murphy's just down the street from Rockys. More of a sports bar, but awesome burgers and wings, just like home.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
Rocky,s Ribs

Go to Rocky's on Dr. Rosen in Sosua!!! Best ribs
This dish gave me a huge smile
24niooj.jpg
ROCKY,S RIBS

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
there's this fast food restaurant in the centre of cabarete at the entrance of casa del pescador if you fancy a good burger or a full english breakfast good thing about these is their prices, with no taxes, the price you see, is what you pay, they also deliver free for orders over 600pesos at Mmm Charlies Burger Bar 829-299-5273 or 809-863-4847

Charlie:

What is the DR1 member's discount, since I doubt you paid for an ad on here yet!

tambo'

A

apostropheman

Hey Charlie,

is the house specialty SPAM? :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
spam%20boy.jpg
there's this fast food restaurant in the centre of cabarete at the entrance of casa del pescador if you fancy a good burger or a full english breakfast good thing about these is their prices, with no taxes, the price you see, is what you pay, they also deliver free for orders over 600pesos at Mmm Charlies Burger Bar 829-299-5273 or 809-863-4847

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Can any one provide directions to nataly and stefani's place in POP. We live in POP but am very bad with directions so please be detailed. Sorry to have to ask that but it sounds like this might be a nice place and we would like to try it out. thanks Phil & Gerry

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Can any one provide directions to nataly and stefani's place in POP. We live in POP but am very bad with directions so please be detailed. Sorry to have to ask that but it sounds like this might be a nice place and we would like to try it out. thanks Phil & Gerry

You will take the road to Santiago that starts at the circle where the baseball stadium is at. Just keep going and about 20-25 minutes near Confresi I believe there is a sign on your right where you turn. Just go slow and look for the sign.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Gets My Vote

We like Nataly and Stefani in las Rocas between Costambar and Cofresi, great Italian food, there Bruschetta is to die for.

We took a party of 9 there this week. Total bill was just over $100. US. The food and atmosphere was great. Los Tres Coco's was our first choice but we could not get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.