Help needed CUSTOMS

monn

Aug 8, 2007
I'm being charged @ 15,000. RD, to get my big wooden box (2,000lbs) of things through customs, doing the paperwork to get the discount for residents, and transport to my house (RD 2,890. from Haina Oriental to W Churchill/Independencia). Does anyone know someone who could do this cheaper? Or is this a reasonble price?

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I had to pay $700 USD for 6,000 lbs of furniture to get it through customs. If you hired a moving company shouldn't they transport everything to your home for you as part of the package?

monn

Aug 8, 2007
Tks for speedy reply P & G, No, I paid from my door in CA to Haina Port. Now I know that wasn't a good way to do it, but that's what I did. So, I had to find a company here that would get my stuff through customs, get the residency discount applied and transport to my home.
Was the $700 before or after the residency discount, or did you not apply for residency? Did you get a home to home service?
Again, thank you for your time and input.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Is that an actual fee, or is that the bribe they want?
Anyhow, it seems like a pretty decent price for 1 ton of stuff.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
The $700 USD is what customs told me we owned to allow our goods into this country. We did not get a discount and we only had temp residency at that time. We hired a moving company in our home in the states and they were responsible to ship it from door to door.

monn

Aug 8, 2007
That is exactly the way I should've done it.
You've been very helpful, TKS.

monn

Aug 8, 2007
Rocky, no, that's not a bribe, the bribe(s) is yet to be discussed. So, the price is good, that's a comfort. Thank you too for your time.