Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NFusion satellite receiver

This is a relatively new type of FTA receiver which requires permanet internet connection (high speed). I just bought one for my home, here at Toronto, Canada. Works great, no down time. The NFusion gets the updates
    directly from the server (located in Korea). It does not use a "bin" but downloads the main software and installs it directly into the receiver memory.
    No need to find, download & install the new bin (coolsat, Pansat etc).

Any DR satellite places sell this receiver???

Georgios

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georgios View Post
    This is a relatively new type of FTA receiver which requires permanet internet connection (high speed). I just bought one for my home, here at Toronto, Canada. Works great, no down time. The NFusion gets the updates
    directly from the server (located in Korea). It does not use a "bin" but downloads the main software and installs it directly into the receiver memory.
    No need to find, download & install the new bin (coolsat, Pansat etc).

Any DR satellite places sell this receiver???

Georgios
    Product looks good and for a little over 200$ it doesn't seem too bad. Internet connection could be a problem for certain users. Don't know of any dealers in the DR yet but surely will happen. As for me I'll wait for a while and keep using my Dish unit with plastic. No down time in 2 years+.

Mr. Chunky Skin
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't be a problem to bring down, there's 91 for sell on ebay.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Internet router for NFusion FTA receiver

I connected mine using "sling" master & slave units for wireless connection.
    The Netgear wall-plugged internet adapter is knowed to overheat as well as
    having problems with modified sine wave inverters like Trace/Xantrex.

I would pick a wired router and simply use an ethernet cable from the router to the receiver. I tested this connection, it works fine. In addition, wireless routers have 4 ethernet connection positions which can be used as well. I tried this also, works fine.

Here is the NFusion website-forum;
    Nfusion Forums Official FTA Site

Georgios

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Questions from the frozen north

This FTA stuff sounds great but I'm really in the dark as far as exactly what it all entails. Most of the talk has been of a technical nature and doesn't help to much for us just hearing about it.
    If you get the receiver, do you still have a monthly bill from NFusion (or other similar retailer). I assume you need a satellite dish from what I have read. I see claims of 4000 channels on the NFusion site. Is that a reasonable claim? Probably most importantly, what kind of programming is going to be available? Will a lot of it be pay for view as some channels mentioned earlier? All information will be greatly appreciated.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FTA is free to air

Quote Originally Posted by bakersindr View Post
    This FTA stuff sounds great but I'm really in the dark as far as exactly what it all entails. Most of the talk has been of a technical nature and doesn't help to much for us just hearing about it.
    If you get the receiver, do you still have a monthly bill from NFusion (or other similar retailer). I assume you need a satellite dish from what I have read. I see claims of 4000 channels on the NFusion site. Is that a reasonable claim? Probably most importantly, what kind of programming is going to be available? Will a lot of it be pay for view as some channels mentioned earlier? All information will be greatly appreciated.
    FTA means Free To Air. It started as a hobby but ended up being very popular
    amongst 1000's of people all over Canada, USA, the Caribbean and Europe.

Basically, most FTA receivers are manufactured in Korea. Coders work with the manufacturers to provide support of their product. Unlike the subscription
    Dish Network receivers (paid service) the FTA receivers manage to decode
    the signal using a variety of software.

Older FTA receivers like Pansat, Viewsat, Coolsat etc are still in use. Each time DN or BEV scramble their signal, the coders come up with new software
    to counter the "hit". NFusion does that automatically thru the internet connection. No need to download & install new software manually every time
    the "hit" or ECM strikes.

NFusion is free just like the other FTA receivers. You do need a satellite dish
    to obtain the signal. 4000 channels is correct... all free, including PPV, sports, news, movies, adult, international, kids, educational etc. Just to clarify again, you get all the PPV without having to pay for it.

Is this legal? Yes & No. This is a so called "grey market". Both satellite providers (DN & BEV) do not have juristiction to procecute outside their borders.

Georgios

Post Thanks / Like

Being connected to the internet can make you discoverable if the authorities start searching for users like us that watch DN and BEV. Is better to stay in the dark side of this market.

But...that's only my opinion.

Regards

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anonymous server...

Quote Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
    Being connected to the internet can make you discoverable if the authorities start searching for users like us that watch DN and BEV. Is better to stay in the dark side of this market.

But...that's only my opinion.

Regards
    Apparently this question was up for comments by NFusion users. The answer is that the server is bounced off a few other servers and becomes anonymous.
    The coders have taken care of this one...no worries.
    More info on this matter from the NFusion website.
    Georgios

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 4000 a little misleading

Basically, most FTA receivers are manufactured in Korea. Coders work with the manufacturers to provide support of their product. Unlike the subscription

Older FTA receivers like Pansat, Viewsat, Coolsat etc are still in use. Each time DN or BEV scramble their signal, the coders come up with new software
    to counter the "hit". NFusion does that automatically thru the internet connection. No need to download & install new software manually every time

to obtain the signal. 4000 channels is correct... all free, including PPV, sports, news, movies, adult, international, kids, educational etc. Just to clarify again, you get all the PPV without having to pay for it.

Is this legal? Yes & No. This is a so called "grey market". Both satellite providers (DN & BEV) do not have juristiction to procecute outside their borders.

Georgios
    Cable internet is crap tonight.
    Last edited by Eddy; 01-26-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Double post

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 4000 a little misleading

Georgios
    More like 250. Unless you have 10 satellite dishes up there. LOL
    The average viewer in the DR., will get the contents of either Dish 110 or 119. Plenty for Movies, Sports etc. but don't expect 4000.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast