NFusion satellite receiver

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
This is a relatively new type of FTA receiver which requires permanet internet connection (high speed). I just bought one for my home, here at Toronto, Canada. Works great, no down time. The NFusion gets the updates
directly from the server (located in Korea). It does not use a "bin" but downloads the main software and installs it directly into the receiver memory.
No need to find, download & install the new bin (coolsat, Pansat etc).

Any DR satellite places sell this receiver???

Georgios

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
This is a relatively new type of FTA receiver which requires permanet internet connection (high speed). I just bought one for my home, here at Toronto, Canada. Works great, no down time. The NFusion gets the updates
directly from the server (located in Korea). It does not use a "bin" but downloads the main software and installs it directly into the receiver memory.
No need to find, download & install the new bin (coolsat, Pansat etc).

Any DR satellite places sell this receiver???

Georgios

Product looks good and for a little over 200$ it doesn't seem too bad. Internet connection could be a problem for certain users. Don't know of any dealers in the DR yet but surely will happen. As for me I'll wait for a while and keep using my Dish unit with plastic. No down time in 2 years+.

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
Internet router for NFusion FTA receiver

I connected mine using "sling" master & slave units for wireless connection.
The Netgear wall-plugged internet adapter is knowed to overheat as well as
having problems with modified sine wave inverters like Trace/Xantrex.

I would pick a wired router and simply use an ethernet cable from the router to the receiver. I tested this connection, it works fine. In addition, wireless routers have 4 ethernet connection positions which can be used as well. I tried this also, works fine.

Here is the NFusion website-forum;
Nfusion Forums Official FTA Site

Georgios

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
Questions from the frozen north

This FTA stuff sounds great but I'm really in the dark as far as exactly what it all entails. Most of the talk has been of a technical nature and doesn't help to much for us just hearing about it.
If you get the receiver, do you still have a monthly bill from NFusion (or other similar retailer). I assume you need a satellite dish from what I have read. I see claims of 4000 channels on the NFusion site. Is that a reasonable claim? Probably most importantly, what kind of programming is going to be available? Will a lot of it be pay for view as some channels mentioned earlier? All information will be greatly appreciated.

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
FTA is free to air

This FTA stuff sounds great but I'm really in the dark as far as exactly what it all entails. Most of the talk has been of a technical nature and doesn't help to much for us just hearing about it.
If you get the receiver, do you still have a monthly bill from NFusion (or other similar retailer). I assume you need a satellite dish from what I have read. I see claims of 4000 channels on the NFusion site. Is that a reasonable claim? Probably most importantly, what kind of programming is going to be available? Will a lot of it be pay for view as some channels mentioned earlier? All information will be greatly appreciated.

FTA means Free To Air. It started as a hobby but ended up being very popular
amongst 1000's of people all over Canada, USA, the Caribbean and Europe.

Basically, most FTA receivers are manufactured in Korea. Coders work with the manufacturers to provide support of their product. Unlike the subscription
Dish Network receivers (paid service) the FTA receivers manage to decode
the signal using a variety of software.

Older FTA receivers like Pansat, Viewsat, Coolsat etc are still in use. Each time DN or BEV scramble their signal, the coders come up with new software
to counter the "hit". NFusion does that automatically thru the internet connection. No need to download & install new software manually every time
the "hit" or ECM strikes.

NFusion is free just like the other FTA receivers. You do need a satellite dish
to obtain the signal. 4000 channels is correct... all free, including PPV, sports, news, movies, adult, international, kids, educational etc. Just to clarify again, you get all the PPV without having to pay for it.

Is this legal? Yes & No. This is a so called "grey market". Both satellite providers (DN & BEV) do not have juristiction to procecute outside their borders.

Georgios

eagle eye

Jan 26, 2008
Being connected to the internet can make you discoverable if the authorities start searching for users like us that watch DN and BEV. Is better to stay in the dark side of this market.

But...that's only my opinion.

Regards

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
Anonymous server...

Being connected to the internet can make you discoverable if the authorities start searching for users like us that watch DN and BEV. Is better to stay in the dark side of this market.

But...that's only my opinion.

Regards

Apparently this question was up for comments by NFusion users. The answer is that the server is bounced off a few other servers and becomes anonymous.
The coders have taken care of this one...no worries.
More info on this matter from the NFusion website.
Georgios

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
4000 a little misleading

Basically, most FTA receivers are manufactured in Korea. Coders work with the manufacturers to provide support of their product. Unlike the subscription

Older FTA receivers like Pansat, Viewsat, Coolsat etc are still in use. Each time DN or BEV scramble their signal, the coders come up with new software
to counter the "hit". NFusion does that automatically thru the internet connection. No need to download & install new software manually every time

to obtain the signal. 4000 channels is correct... all free, including PPV, sports, news, movies, adult, international, kids, educational etc. Just to clarify again, you get all the PPV without having to pay for it.

Is this legal? Yes & No. This is a so called "grey market". Both satellite providers (DN & BEV) do not have juristiction to procecute outside their borders.

Georgios
Cable internet is crap tonight.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
4000 a little misleading

Georgios
More like 250. Unless you have 10 satellite dishes up there. LOL
The average viewer in the DR., will get the contents of either Dish 110 or 119. Plenty for Movies, Sports etc. but don't expect 4000.

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
NFusion channel count

I checked the channels of my satellite system (EPG);

Education 48
Series/specials 351
Music/arts 96
Religous 46
Others 266
Sports 140
News 168
Family/kids 23
Movies 275

TOTAL 1688 channels.

Got 4 satellites ( 91.5 Nimic, 61.5 echostar, 110 echostar & 119 echostar)

Many other channels not listed (EPG not available) but playing.
The above list includes the Spanish/Latino package at appro 35 channels.
PPV included into "movies & sports"

The above are main broadcasting stations like ABC, NBC etc. Local stations
not downloaded, don't need them (totalling approx 2000)

Georgios

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I checked the channels of my satellite system (EPG);

Education 48
Series/specials 351
Music/arts 96
Religous 46
Others 266
Sports 140
News 168
Family/kids 23
Movies 275

TOTAL 1688 channels.

Got 4 satellites ( 91.5 Nimic, 61.5 echostar, 110 echostar & 119 echostar)

Many other channels not listed (EPG not available) but playing.
The above list includes the Spanish/Latino package at appro 35 channels.
PPV included into "movies & sports"

The above are main broadcasting stations like ABC, NBC etc. Local stations
not downloaded, don't need them (totalling approx 2000)

Georgios
Wow. In Toronto can you get all those satellites with 2 or 3 dishes. Here in the DR we would need 4x6 footers. If you can, scan 129 DISH Network on EchoStar 5 at 129.0?W - LyngSat
There's some nice HD out there with a good signal. That would mean a 5th dish for us.

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
Scanning satellite 129 w echostar

Wow. In Toronto can you get all those satellites with 2 or 3 dishes. Here in the DR we would need 4x6 footers. If you can, scan 129 DISH Network on EchoStar 5 at 129.0?W - LyngSat
There's some nice HD out there with a good signal. That would mean a 5th dish for us.

I heard about the nice HD on Sat 129. I must re-align one dish in order to lock
in the 129. Right now I have 3 dishes. Dish A has a double LNB for 110 &119.
Dish B is on 61.5 (DN international) and Dish C is on 91.5 Nimic (bell). Bell
has also 82 Nimic (international & misc Canadian channels).

I am not sure about the "footprint" of Sat 61.5 & Sat 91.5 or Sat 82 at the DR...
Does anyone get any of these 3 sats?

BTW, NFusion does not decode HD programming.

Georgios

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I heard about the nice HD on Sat 129. I must re-align one dish in order to lock
in the 129. Right now I have 3 dishes. Dish A has a double LNB for 110 &119.
Dish B is on 61.5 (DN international) and Dish C is on 91.5 Nimic (bell). Bell
has also 82 Nimic (international & misc Canadian channels).

I am not sure about the "footprint" of Sat 61.5 & Sat 91.5 or Sat 82 at the DR...
Does anyone get any of these 3 sats?

BTW, NFusion does not decode HD programming.

Georgios
No problem with 61.5 at least a few years ago. http://www.satcodx.info/ECH/ECH003KB.jpg The international channels used to be there.
As for BEV I tried a few years ago when it was on Anik (If memory serves me) and even though I could get a few, they werre the American channels ie. SpeedTV, ESPN etc. I was looking for TSN and RDS but they were took weak. I used to pick CBC on a big dish C/Ku. Maybe some of our members have tried or are receiving BEV.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I set one of my 6 foot dishes to 82 and was able to pick it up and scan in some channels.

However, when I tried to view them, the signals were too weak to get any actual stations.

The guide looked nice showing some of the BEV channels on 82, but not one single station strong enough to lock onto.

One of our DR1 member talked about bringing a 12 footer down here. Have to talk him into moving next door so I can tap into that baby.

My dishes don?t have enough adjustment to get 61.5 or 129, but Eddy suggested changing the adjustment arm. I hope to get to that project soon.

Don SantiagoDR

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
This is the link...
Nimiq - Geosynchronous Satellite Ku - Band EIRP Footprint Coverage Map -- Canada

The DR is borderline which means no signal really, regardless of dish size.

Sat 91 W nimiq Bell expressvieu footprint just covers Florida (Keywest is out)

Georgios
A while back I was able to get a signal with a 6' dish. Too weak for the channels I wanted. RDS & TSN. I was talking to Joanny DeLancer, and we will be trying a 12' within a couple of weeks. He want's to offer Hockey and other Canadian content to his customers. As I got stuck with this project "Me and my big mouth" I will let everyone know if successfull.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Georgios,

With all due respect I fail to see how you can advise people about this super new box as you dont live here and have no idea what we have to experience. As Eddy says the internet has been crap lately and mine was down for 4 days and as Wud says we might find ourselves with a few more worthless boxes, your misinformation might encourage people that dont realise whats good in Canada is not necessarily good for here, they might go for one of those for sale on ebay and extra expense buying huge sat dishes and then??? power cuts and internet down??

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
A while back I was able to get a signal with a 6' dish. Too weak for the channels I wanted. RDS & TSN. I was talking to Joanny DeLancer, and we will be trying a 12' within a couple of weeks. He want's to offer Hockey and other Canadian content to his customers. As I got stuck with this project "Me and my big mouth" I will let everyone know if successfull.

Yes please Eddy let us know if it works