1965 revolution my cusin american died in action?

newyorkcityboy

Feb 2, 2007
Hi everyone on board if anyone can help me i would apreciate this. i am having conflicting reports about a cusin of mine that was a soilder in the marines in 1965 every family member of mine was under the impression that he was killed in action here in the dr.so i thought but a old aunt of mine told me that was not the case in fact that he was a victom of a homicide with a civilian in fact my aunt told me that my cusin was messing around with a married woman and payed with his life. how can i found out the truth of this after all these years.?and put this matter into rest.?

thank you
NEWYORKCITYBOY

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The cause of death will be noted on his Death certificate in the DR, if in fact the victim of murder by a civilian...
You can get one there if you want...

Also you can't get a conclusive report from the US military, since many US soldier's deaths were not certified by Dominican authorities at the time, after it was too many to their expected tally. Some of those deaths were reported as KIA in Vietnam or other theaters were US forces were deployed at the time...

What unit was your cousin deployed in the DR at the time? Rank? Service?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Guess That The DR Has "Conspiracy Theorists" As Well!

"KIA: in Vietnam??? Rah Right!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Maybe "KIA" on the "METRO"??????????????????????????????????:cheeky::cheeky:

Since you can't get a reliable "Cause Of Death" from "YesterDAY" in the DR,do you think you can get "one" from "YesterYEAR"?????????????????????
43 years ago??? "Get Over It!"

newyorkcityboy

Feb 2, 2007
thank you for your help and reply does the u.s. government have military death certificate's issued out for the public to see? such as cause of death? if any one can help me i would apreciate it i tried the internet but no luck.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The cause of death will be noted on his Death certificate in the DR, if in fact the victim of murder by a civilian...
You can get one there if you want...

Also you can't get a conclusive report from the US military, since many US soldier's deaths were not certified by Dominican authorities at the time, after it was too many to their expected tally. Some of those deaths were reported as KIA in Vietnam or other theaters were US forces were deployed at the time...

What unit was your cousin deployed in the DR at the time? Rank? Service?

Here are some facts:

The Dominican government, nor any foreign government for that matter will have nothing to do with the death of any soldier during military operations as far as death certificates go. A fallen soldier's remains will be sent back to the States and the burial will be coordinated with the family. A soldier killed during off duty hours will certainly have his case investigated by the local government reporters, but utimately the remains of the soldier are the sole property of the US government, which will still issue a death certificate. It seem very unlikely that any forein government would bother to issue a death certificate for an active duty US soldier - if there were criminal circumstances involved, a final police report would suffice.

Pichardo, the comment about the US governemt lying to cover up the amounts of deaths is unfounded as well. No offense, compadre, but you are start to sound like an ex poster Mirador who seemed to know everything about everything and everyone, yet never had any type of reliable source to back him up. :)

El sabelot?

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 7, 2008

Pichardo, the comment about the US governemt lying to cover up the amounts of deaths is unfounded as well. No offense, compadre, but you are start to sound like an ex poster Mirador who seemed to know everything about everything and everyone, yet never had any type of reliable source to back him up. :)

But we have first-hand accounts, and the Tillmans, too.

newyorkcityboy

Feb 2, 2007
can i get a certified death certifacate from the u.s. military records? for cause of death ?if so who do i call or if the military has a page on the internet? thanks

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
can i get a certified death certifacate from the u.s. military records? for cause of death ?if so who do i call or if the military has a page on the internet? thanks

Try an internet search or call the local Marine Recruiter and see if he can point you in the right direction.