bank accounts...

S

superdave

I won't be moving there for a couple years but was thinking of opening an USD acc earlier to take advantage of their rates.

anyone here with DR bank accounts but does not live in DR? what has been your experience?

does anyone know what the current returns are on USD investments in DR?

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum...)

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Remember BANINTER

I won't be moving there for a couple years but was thinking of opening an USD acc earlier to take advantage of their rates.
Don't do it.
Even less so as you are not in the country.

Janin

S

superdave

janin, are you saying not to invest in DR, period. ?
what do you do with your money?

S

superdave

?

ok, but could you elaborate. Both DR residents and non-residents were affected by the collapse of Baninter, so what do you mean by "don't do it"?
thanks.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Trust and Faith

... Both DR residents and non-residents were affected by the collapse of Baninter, so what do you mean by "don't do it"?
Well, if you do not mind being among those who might be affected...
Then DO IT!

Janin

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
A Matter of Faith

...what do you mean by "don't do it"?

There are safer places than DR banks to have one's money in.
The interest rates do not make up for the higher risk.
But then, you may have more faith... :squareeye

Janin

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org

does anyone know what the current returns are on USD investments in DR?
I seem to recall giving this information on many a previous thread - is that where you got the idea that the rates were so much better than the US or Europe? If you want to "take advantage of their rates" you must have some idea of what those rates are? :ermm:

DR 'High Street' banks offer from 3% PER ANNUM up to 6% p.a. depending on bank & amount invested. US $250,000 should see you get the higher rate at one or two banks at least! ~ Grahame.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If you want a higher rate of return with less risk than RD Pesos try Westpac New Zealand, paying over 8% in Kiwi.