My container just arrived, I NEED advice

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
This is the job you hired your broker for..My container came in in May 07 and not a single thing was taken.I was allowed to open it myself as I had my own locks even though they have massive bolt cutters..Just TIP,TIP and TIP the inspector and you should be OK ..But insist you are present for the inspection and request firmly that nobody wears a jacket who is unloading the container for inspection..Pockets seem to get filled in just seconds that you turn your head away .......BTW this was the port of Andres Boca Chica...I don't know where your container is..But the North Coast has more problems than in the South...
Good Luck and CALL your Broker to get off their lazy asses and do their job.!!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I did this 6 years ago, the offices are in santo domingo. Its probably best handled by your broker rather than doing it yourself, its extremely time consuming.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Do you already have your residency? My understanding is that you have to have it or the paperwork to show that you have applied for it to get the tax exoneration. Your shipment also must be withing 6 months of your residency. We did it this last spring and it was a cakewalk. Total taxes for a 40 footer (lots of new in original box stuff) was $300.

Bob K

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Do you already have your residency? My understanding is that you have to have it or the paperwork to show that you have applied for it to get the tax exoneration. Your shipment also must be withing 6 months of your residency. We did it this last spring and it was a cakewalk. Total taxes for a 40 footer (lots of new in original box stuff) was $300.

Bob K

Is that 6 months from the date you receive your permanent residency or temporary residency?

Thanks
Daydream