Does anyone in the forum have Internet with Centennial wireless Interjet card??

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
My internet service in La romana is terrible i need more speed i saw in the newspaper a new product from centennial is call Interjet card they are saying speeds up to 2.4 MB that is great that is almost twice Internet flash codetel that hardly never reaches 1.5 mb and its down 40-50% of the time. I have Centennial here Puerto rico and it works great over there and i also have go Internet from centennial puerto rico and it works with speeds up 4 MB i have try to use it roaming in the D.R i do not know why it does not work nevethless i want to pay a flat fee and get for once good internet???? I also wanted to ask you about Claro or orange their signal in the D.R i have centennial and is fairly good but allot of people have told me that claro is better i want to get a local 809 because i am doing business in the D.R and some people are hesitant to call me at my 787 (PR) area code for long distance charges please advise.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I would love to see the info on the centennial card!

I always try to compare signal strength on various phones, I think the Claro GSM has the best coverage, but centennial has the cheapest prices to the USA at the moment.

Tricom has free nights and weekends to other tricom users. Orange has cheaper rates to other orange users (and there are many).

The bottom line .. carry four phones :(

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
What about claro CDMA network are still using it. I know for a fact that CDMA is much better and faster than GSM, that is why Centennial could offer does speeds in the D.R wireless card.

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
What about claro CDMA network are still using it. I know for a fact that CDMA is much better and faster than GSM, that is why Centennial could offer does speeds in the D.R wireless card.

I don't think it's because of CDMA, in fact, even US provider are shifting to GSM, I suppose the signal is always good if you install a proper number of antennas, take Europe as an example of that. Aniway, I am interested too in the Interjet card, if it does what promise it seems a good deal.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

I traveled from Santiago to PP, had Tricom, Claro CDMA and Claro GSM side by side. Clear winner Claro GSM. Some people say that all the companies are switching to GSM.

Here is more info on the card on the link below, click on see more, products, movil, interjet

Then can someone explain the plan?

Translated version of http://www.centennialrd.com/

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Phone service differences have been discussed ad nauseam. Like the OP I'm more interested on Centennial's Internet service or any discussion on Claro's or any other way to get roaming internet throughout The DR.

Personally what I would like to get is service that I could pay for a week or so and be able to connect to the Internet with my laptop pretty much anywhere in The DR. It sounds like this Interjet service is exactly that (at least that's what they claim).

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I just got to my house in Casa de campo i hate this Codetel ADSL modem i just ran a test 425 KPBS download Upload 123KPBS " Incredible" I pay for the 1.5 MB 764KPBS this armed robbery. And did you know they put limits on the amount of megabits you use per month is you passed they charge you extra. Tomorrow i am going to Centennial Office in Jumbo in La romana i don't care i am buying it the interjet card anything is better than this ****!!!!!!! I really don't understand my Neighbor has Claro Internet movil in Puerto rico same company same owner he is flying up 3.3 MB at peak hours i used centennial go internet when i am outside my apt and i could reach up to 5mb and i have broadband Onelink in my home well i have been able to reach speeds up to 14 mb for 34.95 with the digital package. i don't understand how the Dominican consumer puts up with this crap with codetel/claro. In regards to which is better i read a comparison made by Wired magazine which says that CDMA technology is better for data speeds and voice clarity. Why GSM has become the world standard because is a less costly technology and easy to create bigger networks without investing so much in equipment. GSM was born when Vodafone ( Worlds biggest cellphone provider) got together with the people at T-mobile and Nokia and the created GSM paltforms in 1998 by the end 2000 most of Europe used GSM instead of TDMA. Then theEuropean comission of communication made it mandatory for all providers in Europe to adopt GSM technology Vodafone is all over the world, africa, Australia you name it they are there so gsm spread all over, also for portability GSM sim card system complies qith European commission open policy because 90% of all europeans have prepaid plans or full paid plans were they paid a Quantity and provides them with a certain amount of minutes or unlimited depending on price. Like in Europe or anywhere else people have the choice of not buying the phone if they already have a GSM capable phone all the due is paid a Prepaid sim card plan which assigned them a number and they are rolling they need to renew it every month or they loose their number. In the U.S CDMA was invented by Qualcomm is 100% digital so Verizon, sprint, Alltel and smaller regional providers use cdm because it provides a more voice quality as well as data and at the same time they continue with a Racket of the contracts and locked phones. Verizon wireless in the U.s got the highest network standards of any provider in the world fastest wireless speeds and voice clarity follow by Alltel. T-mobile GSM provider got 3erd as well as AT&T the largest provider in the U.S GSM also got fourth. The only U.S company to switch from TDMA to GSM in the U.S is AT&T. Verizon, Sprint, Alltel are planing to keep their CDMS 3g networks because of customer satisfaction

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Tricom now offer 4MB connections according to their recent ads.
Good luck finding any solid info on their site to back this up ;)

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
I just got to my house in Casa de campo i hate this Codetel ADSL modem i just ran a test 425 KPBS download Upload 123KPBS " Incredible" I pay for the 1.5 MB 764KPBS this armed robbery. And did you know they put limits on the amount of megabits you use per month is you passed they charge you extra. Tomorrow i am going to Centennial Office in Jumbo in La romana i don't care i am buying it the interjet card anything is better than this ****!!!!!!! I really don't understand my Neighbor has Claro Internet movil in Puerto rico same company same owner he is flying up 3.3 MB at peak hours i used centennial go internet when i am outside my apt and i could reach up to 5mb and i have broadband Onelink in my home well i have been able to reach speeds up to 14 mb for 34.95 with the digital package. i don't understand how the Dominican consumer puts up with this crap with codetel/claro. In regards to which is better i read a comparison made by Wired magazine which says that CDMA technology is better for data speeds and voice clarity. Why GSM has become the world standard because is a less costly technology and easy to create bigger networks without investing so much in equipment. GSM was born when Vodafone ( Worlds biggest cellphone provider) got together with the people at T-mobile and Nokia and the created GSM paltforms in 1998 by the end 2000 most of Europe used GSM instead of TDMA. Then theEuropean comission of communication made it mandatory for all providers in Europe to adopt GSM technology Vodafone is all over the world, africa, Australia you name it they are there so gsm spread all over, also for portability GSM sim card system complies qith European commission open policy because 90% of all europeans have prepaid plans or full paid plans were they paid a Quantity and provides them with a certain amount of minutes or unlimited depending on price. Like in Europe or anywhere else people have the choice of not buying the phone if they already have a GSM capable phone all the due is paid a Prepaid sim card plan which assigned them a number and they are rolling they need to renew it every month or they loose their number. In the U.S CDMA was invented by Qualcomm is 100% digital so Verizon, sprint, Alltel and smaller regional providers use cdm because it provides a more voice quality as well as data and at the same time they continue with a Racket of the contracts and locked phones. Verizon wireless in the U.s got the highest network standards of any provider in the world fastest wireless speeds and voice clarity follow by Alltel. T-mobile GSM provider got 3erd as well as AT&T the largest provider in the U.S GSM also got fourth. The only U.S company to switch from TDMA to GSM in the U.S is AT&T. Verizon, Sprint, Alltel are planing to keep their CDMS 3g networks because of customer satisfaction

We'll wait for a complete review of Interjet in a few days so...

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
I have both Codetel 3G and the new Centennial Interjet card for my laptop. The Centennial card is a big disappointment thus far. Works very fast (>700kbps) in some parts of metro SD, but that is about it. Signal strength fluctuates too much. It is supposed to revert back to regular 3G service, but have yet to see that. It does not work in Samana/Las galeras o most places in the SD Este. It does not even work in the DominicoAmericao Libarary. The card and first month are free with the promo. I have had mine since the initial offering of last Wednesday. I will be returning the card and cancelling service next week and stick with Codetel. Not high speed but seems to ok everwhere on the Island. Only advantage is that the Interjet plugs into any USB port. Until Centennial gets better coverage of thier Interjet service ..stay away from it.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I have both Codetel 3G and the new Centennial Interjet card for my laptop. The Centennial card is a big disappointment thus far. Works very fast (>700kbps) in some parts of metro SD, but that is about it. Signal strength fluctuates too much. It is supposed to revert back to regular 3G service, but have yet to see that. It does not work in Samana/Las galeras o most places in the SD Este. It does not even work in the DominicoAmericao Libarary. The card and first month are free with the promo. I have had mine since the initial offering of last Wednesday. I will be returning the card and cancelling service next week and stick with Codetel. Not high speed but seems to ok everwhere on the Island. Only advantage is that the Interjet plugs into any USB port. Until Centennial gets better coverage of thier Interjet service ..stay away from it.

Thank you very much for that info: So you never have reach 2.4 mb?????? not even in the metro area????? I have the same card in Pr from centennial Puerto rico is call Go internet broadband it works fine. Now my centennial phone works great in casa de campo and Punta cana area in the route i loose signal sometimes but nothing is perfect. I am not looking to take my Laptop back and forward thrue D.R i just hope to have good internet in casa de campo codetl is a disaster????????

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com

Will they charge you for cancellig the service or there is some kind of test time allowed for the customer in wich you can return it without penalties?

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
In regards to Tricom they do not even have posted the price for the 4 mb plan also they are not offering the service in Casa de campo la romana. Only in Santo
domingo and san francisco de macoris. In regards to centennial in la Marina en Casa de campo centennial has a blue zone and it works better than codetel flash but i have to go to la marina instead of having that service in my house?????

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
what a coincidence sitting here in my terrace my neighbor came to say hi to me i asked him about tricom. He said he had the service but is a disaster he said is a wifi service Tricom comes and puts an antenna at your home and is in line of vision wifi he said that the system is down most of the time he recommended Codetel i said that is what i have is too slow he told me that is the best there is over her. SAD??????

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Just in case somebody tells me about telecable be reminded is the same Tricom wifi antenna no change is the same crap. Y have telecable every time it rains i have no cable but is fairly good.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I had a Centenial 3G lap top card last year... used it only shortly. It was way to slow and reminded me of the ol' dial up days in Ecuador about 10 years ago.
It's a one year contract! When you get the discounted card you are signing a bill for the full price. If you discontinue the service BEFORE the end of the one year contract, you are good for the balance of the discount of the card and all sorts of cancellation fees. I returned the whole package after a little over a month demanding adequate service first. Then I spend almost a day at their office trying to sort out ways to cancel the service and sell the card back to them... Eventually I got away paying my last and current month service in full and returning all with the original box and booklets. That was fair, but it took some good talking to get there. I even got a letter stating that I had canceled in good standing and wasn't owing anything and not to be billed any further (I am especially proud of that one... but then, they believe I am a friend of the President of the USA :bunny:).

... J-D.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I had a Centenial 3G lap top card last year... used it only shortly. It was way to slow and reminded me of the ol' dial up days in Ecuador about 10 years ago.
It's a one year contract! When you get the discounted card you are signing a bill for the full price. If you discontinue the service BEFORE the end of the one year contract, you are good for the balance of the discount of the card and all sorts of cancellation fees. I returned the whole package after a little over a month demanding adequate service first. Then I spend almost a day at their office trying to sort out ways to cancel the service and sell the card back to them... Eventually I got away paying my last and current month service in full and returning all with the original box and booklets. That was fair, but it took some good talking to get there. I even got a letter stating that I had canceled in good standing and wasn't owing anything and not to be billed any further (I am especially proud of that one... but then, they believe I am a friend of the President of the USA :bunny:).

... J-D.

But my experience in Puerto rico with centennial has been great!!! Now this interjet is no more than 2 months old or so since they announced it. Now i am going tomorrow to Centennial and i will ask to test it so we see thank you for your help.

Feb 7, 2007
But my experience in Puerto rico with centennial has been great!!! Now this interjet is no more than 2 months old or so since they announced it. Now i am going tomorrow to Centennial and i will ask to test it so we see thank you for your help.

Stop comparing PR and DR!!! That's what you've been doing since i have been reading your posts. DR is not PR! Claro PR is not Claro DR! centennial PR is not Centennial DR! Just GET IT into your head and comprehend!!! THAT is PR, THIS is DR! So just stop complaining by comparing and get over it!

Oh, BTW, my experience with Bahia Principe in bavaro is great. My experience with BP Cayo Levantado Samana not so. BP Cayo is not BP Bavaro. Got the hint?