Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost credit cards and EPS

Has anyone else had EPS lose their credit cards?

I now have at least 3 credit cards which have been lost by EPS, and possibly 4. I haven't seen any fraud on them, the cards just never arrive.

I called EPS and they said that I should use the PObox address, not the "real" mailing address (8260 NW 14th St, EPS-XXXXX). However as many of you know, using a PObox can cause problems with many companies/banks in the US.

My main credit card expires 01/08, so given we have just a few days left on this month, this is a bit problematic.

EPS is investigating and will get back to me. Any suggestions?

Adrian

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you called the credit card companies? Maybe under the circumstances at least one will give you and extension so that you can continue using the card until this gets sorted out.

I am surprised you are having this problem. I have been using EPS for almost 20 years and the only time I have trouble is when the sender leaves off my ID number.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken: Do you receive credit cards via the regular EPS mailing address (8260 NW 14th St, EPS-XXXXX)?

Or are you putting in the PObox as the mailing address for your credit cards?

I had one, maybe two lost around November last year. And now another 2 in January, possibly even 3. The only time I have received them properly is when I ask the credit card companies to courier them over.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am missing one package and a check for $1000.00

There investigation process is non existant

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The PO Box is the real address for envelopes. The "real" address you call it is the physical address for large packages and boxes NOT envelopes. My banks all send mail this way to me including Credit cards since 1997 and never has one letter been lost. It does take longer than it used to and costs more but they do get here.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Where in the D.R. EPS office you are using? You have the sending office in Miami and is for packages, not regular mail.. but would think that they could sort this out. Check with your banks to see if returned.

We have not had any real problems with EPS/Sosua and they have gone out of their way to help and work with us.... Except for one time last month or so and that is a lost package that was sent to an address that was changed during the shipping in the US and we did not get the address change notice. Package shipped in US via major insured carrier and signed for and the old address. Persons now gone and appears with our package and can not collect insurance. (Custom made items that will take another 3 months to make.) But in all fairness, the people in Sosua are doing everything that they can do with the cooperation of the Miami office.

Otherwise, we have had no problems with regular mail. Any checks coming to us we have sent via Fedx insured to the EPS office in Sosua. Credit Cards come regular P.O. without a problems.

Regards, Ringo

On Vacation....
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registered Mail

We now have two mail box forwarders' offices in Las Terrenas and I am using one of them to see how things work.
    Before that CC never reached me when the bank had sent them via couriers. They got stuck in SD from where nobody ever made an effort to contact me.

However I could convince the bank to send the cards by registered mail.
    They always arrived at the local Post Office.

Janin

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use a PO box for a mailing address, many banks and other institutions will have a problem with it. Fedex/UPS won't deliver envelopes to a POBox.

So you're always juggling two addresses.. Does anyone have a better solution?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adrianb View Post
    If you use a PO box for a mailing address, many banks and other institutions will have a problem with it. Fedex/UPS won't deliver envelopes to a POBox.

So you're always juggling two addresses.. Does anyone have a better solution?

I have a mail box in another country for credit cards but instead of calling it box 908 I say apartment 908 and then they forward my mail to EPS

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Adrianb; If you use a PO box for a mailing address, many banks and other institutions will have a problem with it. Fedex/UPS won't deliver envelopes to a POBox.

You right... sort of: Fedx, sends directly to the EPS office that you use, using the EPS address. In Sosua or Caberete, the driver is Victor. Everything comes thru Santigao for the North Coast and arrives in Sosua about 10 AM. SOOO, talk to the EPS office, get the local address that they use/have for Fedx... send everything that you need via Fedx to that address. EPS signs for it AT the local office.

Regards, Ringo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast