All dog and cat lovers please be aware....

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have had first hand experience today of the wonderful job being done by the superb small team working the Outreach program (linked with Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc.) to spay/ neuter dogs and cats in an endeavour to reduce the high levels of breeding which occur in the barrios and on our beaches.

Judy (President of the Associacion de Amigos por los Animales de Sosua - Friends of the Animals) told me:

"We are sterilizing about 50 animals per week and could really use volunteers to assist in transport and/or check in/check out. If you have a morning or late afternoon free or if you know someone with a pick up truck that can help pick up and deliver please let me know.
We have had an overwhelming response to our Outreach program and we want to make sure Sue (Dr. Harvey from UK) can sterilize as many as her day will allow for the time she is here.
On the adoption front, we now have about 22 dogs for adoption, all sterilized and vaccinated and they now need a family to love and protect Please help spread the word to anyone looking for a watchdog and family pet.
If you cannot help with any of the above, monetary donations to help cover housing for Sue, and medical supplies for surgeries is always appreciated."

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
They have this program in Las Terrenas. They neuter the beach dogs and then return them to the beach. Really a wonderful group and a great program. Sometimes, alas, even the neutered population gets too big. But the Dominican dogs are Wonderful!! I was adopted by one when I was in LT, she followed me everywhere which, alas, was no protection for the house which was repeatedly robbed. But she was her own dog.