How to locate a hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T4FF

Jan 26, 2008
Hi there, new on this forum as we're (hopefully) going to DR in May.

Basically, my mate is getting married out there in May at the Holiday Village, Golden Beach, Playa Dorada. The HV is exclusive to a travel agent in UK (as far as I can see) and therefore the premiums are really high. I've been trying to find out what hotels are really close to this one so I can try and book something direct but I'm struggling.

I can't find any information on addresses, or maps with points on to show me who's close, I've tried google earth but that didn't work either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Basically need to know which hotels are in close proximity of the Holiday Village.

Thanks!

T4FF

Jan 26, 2008
Daydream that's amazing!! I couldn't find anything of the sort so this will come in handy.

Can I just ask, what sort of distances are we talking?

For example are the HV and Puerto Plata Village as close as crossing the road as it would seem from the picture?

Just need an idea of walking distances.

Hope I'm not asking too much :paranoid:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dude, nothing is too far away in Playa Dorada.....unless you are a 450 lb candidate for the Biggest Loser, you can walk all over that place. That's a golf course in the middle, so you can get an idea of the size....

HB

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Yes that's right - HV and PPV are just across the road from eachother.

The plaza is about a 5 or 10 min walk (MAX) from the HV so any hotel surrounding the plaza or closer would be ideal. There are horse and carriages that will take you all over the complex for a small charge if you you do decide to go for a hotel a little further away like the Fun Royale/Tropicale and don't feel like walking.

Most hotels also offer bicycle hire for free. It's approximately a 15/20 mins walk from Fun Royale to the plaza :classic:

T4FF

Jan 26, 2008
Great stuff. Cheers both.

I don't think there's 450lb between me AND the missus so walking won't be a problem! Thanks for the help, will start hunting now!

Status
Not open for further replies.