Latest on Santo Domingo - Samana

Kurt

Oct 19, 2003
Could you give a brief translation for those of us who don't speak Spanish?

drny

Jun 12, 2007
It's stating that the 1st phase of the construction of the new road between Santo Domingo and Samana is nearly completed. With hopes of the entire project being completed by this coming April.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
More Patience Needed

It's stating that the 1st phase of the construction of the new road between Santo Domingo and Samana is nearly completed. With hopes of the entire project being completed by this coming April.

No, not the entire project, the text refers to the first phase only:
"...quien adelant? que la primera fase de la v?a ser? inaugurada a m?s tardar en abril pr?ximo."

m'frog

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Could you give a brief translation for those of us who don't speak Spanish?

Synopsis of the article plus some of my notes:

Santo Domingo - Saman? highway first stage is 85% completed with expectation of April 2008 completion. Delays where blame on hurricane Noel and Olga. First stage will cost $150USD million, the money are from foreign investment on the concession base, where the Dominican government will not invest a cent.

41km of the first stage (from carretera Las Am?ricas to Rinc?n de Molinillo total 116km) is asphalted already, said Arm?n Ricardo Garc?a Acu?a executive president of the company having the concession.

The second stage (“El Bulevar del Atl?ntico”) will start at Rinc?n de Molinillo pass by El Catey airport, to Las Terrenas and end in the town of Saman? expected cost $115USD million, the money are from foreign investment on the concession base, where the Dominican government will not invest a cent. In the same time, Sanchez - Nagua and Sanchez - Saman? highway will be repaved (asfalto nuevo)
This announcement was made by Public Works spokmen V?ctor D?az R?a.

Time frame for the second stage is not given, but from past Public Works bulletins, this will start as soon as the first stage is completed. Also this was one of president promise, to the people of Saman? if reelected in 2008.

Hope this clear some of the when and where this will be finish.

WebDev

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
The Dominican Government does not have much say in the project as it's a private investment.
But yes, of course, they can promise its progress.... ;)

m'frog

Wrong....
Public Works oversee any terrestrial project, under concession or not, (Organizar, controlar, coordinar y planificar el transito terrestre en toda la naci?n) contact Secretar?a de Estado de Obras P?blicas y Comunicaciones "Funciones Principales" for clarification.

The repaving of Nagua - Sanchez and Sanchez - Samana is project AF-018-04 (Plan Nacional de Asfaltado Region Nordeste, Samana) seen here: Samana
budget at 100 millions pesos not with foreign investment.

Re: Politicians and promises.... I respect the one keeping the promise, hate the B.S.'ers.

WebDev

npereyra

Jan 30, 2006
March anyone!!

Does anybody know, if it would be possible to take the new road in the first week of march with a regular car. I would like to try, but the last time i check i was told not to go and instead i am force to take the long route to get to Samana. I will be back in the country on March 1st and i wanted to know if anyone has any idea on the condition of the road for this days.

Thanks,

Nelson

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Does anybody know, if it would be possible to take the new road in the first week of march with a regular car. I would like to try, but the last time i check i was told not to go and instead i am force to take the long route to get to Samana. I will be back in the country on March 1st and i wanted to know if anyone has any idea on the condition of the road for this days.

Thanks,

Nelson

March 1st, you could try but for sure you gone run out of asphalt.
April 2008 is the time given for completion, can be at the beginning of the month or late in to the month, no specific date is given. This way is no commitment from the contractor part.

Good luck,
WebDev

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
"April 2008 is the time given for completion, can be at the beginning of the month or late in to the month, no specific date is given."

With all respect and kindness, I am ROFLMAO. Because, "April" translated into Dr public works, in my experience, may mean more like "August", "December", or how about April, but in 2009.

Chuckling away and thank you for the fun, all my best regards, Sam

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Is there a map of the road?

HERE

Mapa2.1.jpg

Nov2007.jpg

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
question

I heard that they only let authorized vehicles use the highway starting today.
Can anyone confirm that?
Playero

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Synopsis of the article plus some of my notes:

Santo Domingo - Saman? highway first stage is 85% completed with expectation of April 2008 completion. Delays where blame on hurricane Noel and Olga. First stage will cost $150USD million, the money are from foreign investment on the concession base, where the Dominican government will not invest a cent.

41km of the first stage (from carretera Las Am?ricas to Rinc?n de Molinillo total 116km) is asphalted already, said Arm?n Ricardo Garc?a Acu?a executive president of the company having the concession.

The second stage (?El Bulevar del Atl?ntico?) will start at Rinc?n de Molinillo pass by El Catey airport, to Las Terrenas and end in the town of Saman? expected cost $115USD million, the money are from foreign investment on the concession base, where the Dominican government will not invest a cent. In the same time, Sanchez - Nagua and Sanchez - Saman? highway will be repaved (asfalto nuevo)
This announcement was made by Public Works spokmen V?ctor D?az R?a.

Time frame for the second stage is not given, but from past Public Works bulletins, this will start as soon as the first stage is completed. Also this was one of president promise, to the people of Saman? if reelected in 2008.

Hope this clear some of the when and where this will be finish.

WebDev

Correct me if I'm wrong, but will this mean that the road will have tolls?