Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Politics in the D.R

This is something incredible to me i have never seen this in any political campaign. Yesterday morning when i went to Jumbo in la romana there was a Political Caravana i don't even know who the candidate is but i saw there were people in town flocking torse the caravan like they were throwing something as gifts for people. This politician was giving away Salami people were killing each other on the street for one. " Incredible" Then when i came out of jumbo driving torse Casa de campo there were a line of maybe a thousand people trying to get a free live pig?????? Politics in the D.R

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, very common. IN the smaller pueblos you will see trucks giving away staples to the people on behalf of the candidates. I have seen this numerous times, and it is the accepted political process.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This is something incredible to me i have never seen this in any political campaign. Yesterday morning when i went to Jumbo in la romana there was a Political Caravana i don't even know who the candidate is but i saw there were people in town flocking torse the caravan like they were throwing something as gifts for people. This politician was giving away Salami people were killing each other on the street for one. " Incredible" Then when i came out of jumbo driving torse Casa de campo there were a line of maybe a thousand people trying to get a free live pig?????? Politics in the D.R

Why are you surprised? It's the same on your island, the difference being in your case the handouts are by Uncle Sam..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be Aristy Castro, PRSC. See a lot of red around? Flags, helicopter, faces? Here's the salami bunfight from Montellano a few weeks back.
    YouTube - Peleando por un salami

Don't rush for the pig with the red ribbon...............sometimes it's a plastic one. And if you're in the area when the helicopter takes off, wear head protection. Sometimes they fling frozen chickens out & from an altitude of several hundred feet they can cause serious brain damage..............

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of poitical party colors, it dawned on my a couple years ago that political parties in countries where illiteracy is prevalent tend to use colors to identify themselves to their constituents. ANy thoughts on the validity of this?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Narcosis View Post
    Why are you surprised? It's the same on your island, the difference being in your case the handouts are by Uncle Sam..

Again Nationalism??? It was comment i have never seen a candidate in Puerto rico giving Salami and Live Pigs????????????????????????????????? Come on

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I Just saw the video there should be some kind of law against that?? What i see is a candidate taking advantage of the poor and Hungry people and creating caos just so they vote for him. I also saw a video of an helicopter throwing money. There is no accountability do they have ethical boards against campaigns doing that in the D.R it shows the Ignorance of desperate people trying to survive which ever money they could get.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You see? instead of accepting the wrong in that action they have to justify with a lie that is not true. Never in my life or is permitted by law in P.R for a candidate to handout money or salamis or live pigs to the population to get a vote is Illegal and is wrong in the D.R or which ever country they do that. And it shows the desperation of poverty and IGNORANCE?????????

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Again Nationalism??? It was comment i have never seen a candidate in Puerto rico giving Salami and Live Pigs????????????????????????????????? Come on
    Pigs...Welfare...tax exemptions..in the end it's all the same.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Pigs...Welfare...tax exemptions..in the end it's all the same.

My friend look at the figures in puerto rico out of 125,000 thousands dominicans 75% apply and are recepients of welfare the same goes in new York where dominicans outnumber all hispanics in welfare. Tax exemptions are good for everyone specially the ones that your presidents give foreigners like me to acquired land and properties in the D.R tax free. There no comparison?????? The actions of this politician is the lack of respect torse the dominican people i see that as disrespect and it show IGNORANCE??????

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast