Absolutely no importance

S

Susanne

Just back from a beautiful holiday in my second home, France. The weather is finally nice here in Denmark, with a red sunset which reminds me strangely of the Caribbeans.

Los Toros Band sing "Como te olvido" on my CD player, and all of a sudden I long for the Dominican Republic, the palm trees, the heat, the green mountains of Saman?, the people, and the bachata that I ended up prefering to the merengue.

What does all this add up to? Absolutely nothing of importance. Just a thought that the Dominican Republic is much nicer than it has been described here lately.

Regards,
Susanne

N

Natasha

Well, well, well...

Is that where you were Miss Susanne...I am envious :)

I agree with your message. Weather wise you're luckier than I. It's been the third consecutive day here in DC without ANY sun at all and temperatures barely in the middle 70's. It feels more like early fall than the normally scorching July (right Keith?). It is totally gloomy and depressing to look out the window.

I am thinking of my beloved DR and wish I were there.

Nice to "see" you Susanne.

Regards,
Natasha

K

Karin

Hi Susanne,
Strange, my thoughts have been wandering on exactly the same route as yours lately. Just got 2 new CDs - one marengue and one bachata - and all this great music brings back lovely memories from my visits to the DR and especially my favourite town, Jarabacoa.
(Hope the weather in Copenhagen will keep improving for the weekend!)
Karin