Looking for Orthopedist to repair achilles tendon

geosab

Jan 28, 2008
I have tried to find a hospital and orthopedist who can operate on my left achilles tendon to repair or replace it. I have had no luck in locating anyone on my own and the one quote I received from a medical tourism company was much too high. Can anyone provide the name of a qualified Orthopedist and/or hospital who can perform this surgery? I am in the USA and the prices here are prohibitive. I am also looking for a cheap apartment to stay in while I go through the months of recovery and rehab from the surgery. Can anyone make suggestions as I how to find one.
Thanks
Geo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The best that I know of is Dr. Richard Domino, a French doctor, who works out of Clinica Abreu in Santo Domingo. He did a knee and hip replacement on my wife and is excellent. His partner, Dr. Faris Werr, is German. I suggest you email Dr. Domino at orto_medi@hotmail.com with copy to drfarisfwerr@hotmail.com

You can tell them that Ken De Pree recommended that you contact them.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Call my friend and neighbor, Dr Fausto Batista at # is 829-850-9101. I understan he is an orthopedist specializing in microsurgery, especially the hands. Make sure to ask for references. He has studied and taught abroad in the States and Spain.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't Wait!

Have it done in the USA! NOW!
Worry about paying later!
The longer you wait the more the tendon retracts. It will be nearly impossible to repair if you wait any longer!
Don't pay if you have no money!
This is an emergency surgery.
Cris Colon