JD to cueva de la maravilla

DanaP

May 23, 2007
I'm hoping to make a weekend trip to cueva de la maravilla (or however you spell it) from JD. anyone know specifics on how to make this adventure on the guagua's? I know it's right on the main road to la romana, but where do I catch this bus exactly?

I'll be travelling with my son and don't like using motoconcho's on the larger roads or in SP with him, so would prefer bus stop to bus stop if possible.

thanks, d

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Yes--ways to Cuerva's Maravillas

I'm hoping to make a weekend trip to cueva de la maravilla (or however you spell it) from JD. anyone know specifics on how to make this adventure on the guagua's? I know it's right on the main road to la romana, but where do I catch this bus exactly?

I'll be travelling with my son and don't like using motoconcho's on the larger roads or in SP with him, so would prefer bus stop to bus stop if possible.

thanks, d

Hi Dana: We were just there this past weekend and I've been before (I live in JD too!) My best advice is convince someone like myself who has a car that they want to go on an adventure. :bunny::bunny::bunny:The Cuervas Maravillas are well worth seeing more than once. You don't really need a whole weekend. As I recall you are in JD and it is really a doable day trip by car (or bus.)

Failing that (the friend with a car), you want to catch the bus to La Romana and tell the driver that you want to get off at the Cuerva's Maravilla. I'm not sure if you can pick up the bus directly from JD or if you have to take the bus from JD to SPM's 'bus depot' and 'transfer' (LOL--these terms don't really apply) because the buses that run from the Capital to La Romana don't always run at the times you might want to go. However, there is definitely a way to do it with a maximum of two buses.

The Cuervas Maravillas sign (and whole thing) is on the left about half way-ISH to La Romana. DON'T TAKE A MOTOCONCHO THERE WITH YOUR KID! That road is FAR too dangerous and has too much construction right now. Once you are there I believe the fee is 100 pesos for adults (I can't recall the cut off for kids). Wear comfortable shoes that don't slip. Depending on the weather you may want to have a light rain jacket (the caves drip). They don't let you take pictures or food/drinks inside, but the grounds are lovely and I'm sure you'll have a great trip.
Paz y salud,
DrChrisHE:bunny::bunny::bunny: